Sunbathing whilst pregnant

iluvcocopops

Mum to Molly-Rose
Reaction score
So we are jetting off on holiday this week & this will be my first time sunning myself whilst pregnant. Usually when I go on holiday I use factor 20 sun cream (I'm normally pale, but would usually take a nice tan). But I was just wondering if your skin is more sensitive & more likely to burn whilst pregnant?

So really just wondering what factor you guys would recommend? And have you any other holiday tips?

I think they do say your skin may burn quicker but it might be an individual thing. Personally I can't stand to get too hot since becoming pregnant so I tended to seek shade over the summer which was a shame as I usually love the sun. Make sure you drink plenty of water and look out for signs that you might be overheating. Have a lovely time :)

I always wear factor 50 anyway as I burn so easily but would be extra careful when pregnant. Also make sure you keep well hydrated.
Have a great time!

I've always enjoyed the sun and my first 2 babies was born in july and Sept. June July and August are really hot here. I usually use spf 30 and drink lots of water, just don't over do it. Enjoy the holiday!

The only thing is if you have a nice bump and you tan your tummy skin loses it's elasticity from sun exposure. It doesn't have the same ability to bounce back. So this is one of the big tips to avoiding stretch marks...avoid the sun on the belly/boobs, use cream & oil everyday to help the skin expand and contract. Dryness is also a factor in stretch marks as is genetics.

Do enjoy your holiday and do whatever you think is best for you. In the end all that vit D and endorphin's are great for baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->