Sunning diapers

sheldonsmommy

Reaction score
I just finished stripping the used diapers I just bought as they are dingy looking and now I have them hanging in all my windows (as opposed to outside as it's raining.

Do you think it will even make a difference or will I see more success with a sunny day?

I know people say indirect sunlight works as well. Just curious what other people have done and their results :)

It'll work eventually but it will be much slower. If you've ever left something on the windowsill for a while, you might have noticed things fade unevenly if left folded - same applies to stains and dinginess. If it's raining and you've just stripped the nappies, I'd put them outside in the rain. Rainwater is good at softening nappies and removing the last traces of detergent and it'll be a bit brighter out there too. When it's cold, frost can be good too!

I suppose it depends on how you stripped them? "Stripping" seems to be many things in the CD world.

The one time I had a stain on an insert from blueberries, and the sun removed it almost immediately. My diapers are so white it literally hurts my eyes to put them outside in the sun without sunglasses on.

I don't think that the strip method matters much, they are diapers that have been used for 3+ years, not 6 months.

Anyway I've put them out on a few sunny days after washing and they look great.

Stripping one way vs. the other is the difference between sanitized/absorbent or not. Hopefully they function as well as they look :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->