Super long periods and TTC

JennM85

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been TTC since our 1st pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. We got pregnant the 1st month of trying and had a missed miscarriage that I took misoprotol for at 10 weeks.

Since the MC my periods have been super long. I have been using OPKS and temping, and I ovulate on CD21 of a 31 days cycle . I spot for 3 days, bleed for 6-7 days then have 4-5 days more of spotting. My cycles used to be just bleeding for 5.

Is this normal or signs to be concerned about? I should say my periods have been totally regular, just long. It have been 4 months since the MC.

Thanks is advance!

Hi Jenn. Hmm, your hormones may still be out of whack. If it were me I would look into ways to balance my hormones. Exercise, certain herbs (many women have had great success with Vitex, including me, but it's not for everyone), switching up your diet, and many other steps can be taken to bring you back into balance. Or maybe if you do nothing things will even back out eventually on their own. Personally, I'd been going through so long and things were not evening back out for me on their own :wacko: . I had to get to digging for how I could make the insanity get to backing the hell off! lol So yeah, maybe start with some lifestyle changes and go from there, see what happens?

Hi Jenn. Hmm, your hormones may still be out of whack. If it were me I would look into ways to balance my hormones. Exercise, certain herbs (many women have had great success with Vitex, including me, but it's not for everyone), switching up your diet, and many other steps can be taken to bring you back into balance. Or maybe if you do nothing things will even back out eventually on their own. Personally, I'd been going through so long and things were not evening back out for me on their own :wacko: . I had to get to digging for how I could make the insanity get to backing the hell off! lol So yeah, maybe start with some lifestyle changes and go from there, see what happens?

Thanks! In the end what do you think changed things for you? I'm fairly healthy right now, I eat well and excercise regularly. I will check out vitex though.

Hmm, maybe it was the combination of Vitex, I started exercising again, changed my diet up again (I had been grain-free/high fat for over a year so I brought grains back and mellowed out with the fat; think this made my liver a lot happier :) ), started juicing a ton more again, and went veg for a month. I think the Vitex was crucial. My first m/c jacked me up but the second one a few months later, holy hell! :wacko: . I thought I said this originally and I see I didn't but I'm so sorry for your loss. It really puts you through the paces over and over again. Yeah, look into Vitex and see if you may like to try it. I had begun to suspect I was dealing with estrogen dominance/low progesterone and started researching the hell out of this and Vitex. Vitex seems to work quite nicely for those of us dealing with this type of hormonal imbalance. I felt so bad that I figured "WTH, I already feel like crap, let's run with it!" One of the best decisions I've ever made.

You might want to get your progesterone checked and start taking some B6. Your LP seems pretty short and that might be making things difficult. And I know low progesterone can cause early spotting too....

I have to agree - It sounds like your hormones are just off a little. after my MC my cycle was vicious and everywhere- it took 6-7 mos to get back on track. It sounds like you are doing everything right, If it were me- I would try something herbal too - to help me get back on track...I took Maca root- it helped get back on a normal cycle- once it did- I stopped taking it.

You might want to get your progesterone checked and start taking some B6. Your LP seems pretty short and that might be making things difficult. And I know low progesterone can cause early spotting too....

I have to agree - It sounds like your hormones are just off a little. after my MC my cycle was vicious and everywhere- it took 6-7 mos to get back on track. It sounds like you are doing everything right, If it were me- I would try something herbal too - to help me get back on track...I took Maca root- it helped get back on a normal cycle- once it did- I stopped taking it.

Thanks Ladies. So frustrating! I think I must be low progesterone. I am having blood work done on monday. I am 4 DPO today, and last night after BD, I had some spotting. That has never, ever happened to me before. So I doubt it is ovulatory bleeding. I am currently taking a b complex vitamin, but every day. Are you supposed to only take it at a specific time in your cycle?

Hi Ladies, just wanted to update you. At 9 DPO I got a faint positive this morning! And normally I would have started pre-period spotting, but nothing yet so far. So I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Hi Ladies, just wanted to update you. At 9 DPO I got a faint positive this morning! And normally I would have started pre-period spotting, but nothing yet so far. So I am keeping my fingers crossed!
Awesome Jenn! Stalking this thread :munch: . Do you have a chart?

Awesome Jenn! Stalking this thread :munch: . Do you have a chart?

Thanks! I have posted it below. I had another much stronger positive this AM. But I am remaining cautiously optimistic. For the last three days I have been wicked sick, I have had a low grade fever (hovering around 100 degrees, sometimes 101+). My husband is sick too, the flu. I got pregnancy approved antibiotics from a doctor this AM, so hopefully that fixes things quick. I haven't met with my doctor yet about the bloodwork I had done 6 days ago (5 DPO), but when I got my BFP I called her assistant. She said my progesterone came in at 57, way higher than I expected. She said it was within the normal range though. I see my doctor next week, so I will talk with her more about it then.

I just hope this one sticks!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/48945a//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Cautiously optimistic is good :thumbup: . Stick little one, stick! :dust: I hope you and your hubby get to feeling better ASAP. Sounds like the flu is getting quite a few folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->