super market wedding cake?

missmayhem

Mummy to 2 little cuties
Reaction score
has any body any experience of this??

i'm hoping to make my own but as a back up was going to get super market cake, anybody any experience

M+S are meant to be lovely xx

there cakes look lush, it's a toss up between that and waitrose

We are doing a cupcake cake with a top tier! We are getting the cupcakes from Waitrose and the top tier from Marks and Spencer's :)

We bought different sized plain iced Madeira cakes from Tesco and I bought a cake board, some ribbon and our own cake topper and everyone was commenting on how nice the cake was...you don't have to spend a fortune!

I've heard both Waitrose and M&S are good for their cakes. I think the only noticeable difference from supermarket cakes and 'custom' cakes is the depth. Supermarket cakes aren't as deep. But that doesn't impact on their taste at all so you'd have to be extra fussy if that was an issue :lol: x

I used m&s cakes, they were fab, everyone commented on how nice it was. We decorated it ourselves.

When I brought mine they were also on 3 for 2 offer, plus I had a huge wedding so brought cutting cakes as well (kept behind the scenes lol) and it all worked out very reasonable.

Have you tried asking any local cafes that do their own baking. The cafe in my local park will do you a large cake (carrot, coffee and walnut) for £7.50 so you could ask for it with out any icing and then decorate it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->