Super Nervous

nerdyandnice

First Time Mom
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I just found out that I'm pregnant! I'm almost 5 weeks, and I'm freaking out a little. We weren't trying, but we weren't doing anything to prevent it.

Last year, I had a miscarriage at the end of August 2016 at about 6 weeks pregnant. It was a very difficult time because I got really depressed after I found out and I felt like I caused the miscarriage with my negativity. I know it's a common thing, but I just felt that it was my fault. I only just started moving on, and then I find out I'm expecting again!

Hubby is excited and so am I, but also freaking out for what's to come. I'm scared that I'll lose this one, and it's so close to the time I miscarried the first time. I know it's a lower chance that I'd lose this one, but I'm still a little worried. I'm trying to make sure I take my vitamins and eat healthy and all that stuff.

I guess I'm just looking for some kind words right now!

Oh nerdyandnice, I think every women have the fear of a MC, but just remember, you will never ever be able to be pregnant with this baby, this is the only time, so instead of worrying about losing it, rather focus on enjoying being pregnant with this baby. Nothing you can do will prevent a MC so you might as well enjoy the time you have, whether its 5 weeks or 9 months :hugs:

^That is the best advice anybody could give you! Remember that you can't control miscarriage so whether you're pregnant for 6 weeks or go the entire 40 weeks, you're only pregnant with this particular baby once. Enjoy it as much as you can and try not to think about miscarrying. Seriously... I've been through 4 early pregnancy losses so I understand how you feel but consider being pregnant again a blessing. I'm sure everything will be fine :flower:

Ah this is lovely advice and I am also grateful for it. I got a positive test two days ago, and both terrified it won't work out and terrified it will (I love my little girl so much and get so scared I won't be able to be as close to her) 😭 .

So this is lovely advice and I will work on enjoying the moment.

Oh nerdyandnice, I think every women have the fear of a MC, but just remember, you will never ever be able to be pregnant with this baby, this is the only time, so instead of worrying about losing it, rather focus on enjoying being pregnant with this baby. Nothing you can do will prevent a MC so you might as well enjoy the time you have, whether its 5 weeks or 9 months :hugs:

This is the best advice! Thank you!! I feel a lot better now, I guess I just needed someone else to tell me.

^That is the best advice anybody could give you! Remember that you can't control miscarriage so whether you're pregnant for 6 weeks or go the entire 40 weeks, you're only pregnant with this particular baby once. Enjoy it as much as you can and try not to think about miscarrying. Seriously... I've been through 4 early pregnancy losses so I understand how you feel but consider being pregnant again a blessing. I'm sure everything will be fine :flower:

I'm trying to stay positive! I'm doing better now that I've had my husband tell me I can't control it and the advice in this thread. Now I'm more focused on being worried about giving birth LOL.

Ah this is lovely advice and I am also grateful for it. I got a positive test two days ago, and both terrified it won't work out and terrified it will (I love my little girl so much and get so scared I won't be able to be as close to her) 😭 .

So this is lovely advice and I will work on enjoying the moment.

Yeah, I'm feeling less nervous about MC now. More nervous about giving birth now. I'm trying to focus on looking at names and baby stuff online and that's helping too.

I feel the same way nerdyandnice I think it's normal. I'm glad you started this thread. I have appreciated reading the advice. It is so hard not to worry. Where I am they don't typically do a scan until around 8 weeks so I'm just sitting here waiting.

Also I see you're in Canada. We're from Nova Scotia, but in the US now. Just wanted to say hi :)

Hey everyone!

I just found out that I'm pregnant! I'm almost 5 weeks, and I'm freaking out a little. We weren't trying, but we weren't doing anything to prevent it.

Last year, I had a miscarriage at the end of August 2016 at about 6 weeks pregnant. It was a very difficult time because I got really depressed after I found out and I felt like I caused the miscarriage with my negativity. I know it's a common thing, but I just felt that it was my fault. I only just started moving on, and then I find out I'm expecting again!

Hubby is excited and so am I, but also freaking out for what's to come. I'm scared that I'll lose this one, and it's so close to the time I miscarried the first time. I know it's a lower chance that I'd lose this one, but I'm still a little worried. I'm trying to make sure I take my vitamins and eat healthy and all that stuff.

I guess I'm just looking for some kind words right now!

Hey dear I understand your fear as I still have my own but I will say this just enjoy having your little one in there for as long as you can whether it's full term and you get your rainbow or if God sees fit to call your baby home to him just treasure the moments. It's crazy sounding but I swear I've been doing that this whole pregnancy I even enjoyed the morning sickness as crazy as it sounds because everyday is a blessing and the best thing you can do for yourself right now is keep your stress level low and enjoy every moment with your little bean... congratulations have a happy and healthy 9 months

Thank you everyone for all your kind words! I'm officially 5 weeks now and I have my first appointment with a midwife at the end of the month, and I"m looking forward to it. My hubby is being really awesome and supportive about all of my worries and things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->