Support for Plus Size Women TTC #1

I think I may end up on clomid as I o later (around cd20 average). It's a year ttc at the end of this month so I will go to docs if no bfp. Dh is off to his doc on thurs to get the ball rolling pun intended! Get the sperm check out the way fx and then I can be poked and proded (the puns just keep coming :wink:)

I'm trying to stay positive as I had a bit of a melt down at the weekend about not ever being a parent and angry and crap friends and their 'advice'. New leaf, or new egg I suppose!

Vit b messed me up, made me o later and my temps were all over the place and it shortened my lp (the last thing we needed!) anyway hope all is good?!

How come dsemcho? How long have u been ttc? Hopefully u might not have to. We've just reached the year point and we've decided to get the tests done. Dh had a little downstairs surgery when he was very young so we want to rule that area out really and make sure it's functioning which I'm sure it is!

Well... We've never used protection and we've been married since August 2010. We were doing NTNP because DH never wanted to admit to trying. But after ovulation last month he said we could try hard, so I went to the doctor who put me on Clomid. And wanted him to get his swimmers checked, but he won't. He's sure he's fine because out of all the partners I've had (all no protection) he's the only one to get me pregnant. All ended in M/C though...

Hey ladies, thanks for the info.....but I did read a lot of stuff that says if youre cycle is fairly regular you shouldnt take it as it can mess it up! I dont know....lol, I saw a lot of success stories and a lot of women that were like....'these messed me up so bad!' and theyre particularly bad if you have a thyroid condition (which Ill find out if I do when my blood tests come back) I think Ill stick to what im doing now and hope for the best, but thank you so much for the suggestions!!!

You definitely know what's best! :) I've always varied a little bit in cycle lengths so at this point I figure WTH :amartass: I actually got diagnosed at 12 with an under active thyroid. For the past 2-3 years, if not even longer, I've actually not been on medication for it (with both my doctors knowing lol) and crazily enough every time I get blood work done to check my thyroid levels they're perfect! I actually think it may have "fixed" itself :)

Is anyone taking Metiformin (sp?) for help with weight loss to further help with TTC...just wondered if that is something that is regularly prescribed or not, and what success anyone has had with it.

Hey ladies, thanks for the info.....but I did read a lot of stuff that says if youre cycle is fairly regular you shouldnt take it as it can mess it up! I dont know....lol, I saw a lot of success stories and a lot of women that were like....'these messed me up so bad!' and theyre particularly bad if you have a thyroid condition (which Ill find out if I do when my blood tests come back) I think Ill stick to what im doing now and hope for the best, but thank you so much for the suggestions!!!

You definitely know what's best! :) I've always varied a little bit in cycle lengths so at this point I figure WTH :amartass: I actually got diagnosed at 12 with an under active thyroid. For the past 2-3 years, if not even longer, I've actually not been on medication for it (with both my doctors knowing lol) and crazily enough every time I get blood work done to check my thyroid levels they're perfect! I actually think it may have "fixed" itself :)

I dont know for sure what or if I have a thyroid problem, but I cannot lose weight. I eat ridiculously healthy, especially this last year, I exercise 5-7 days a week and NOTHING happens, so finally Id had enough and went for blood tests, but I have heard of problems like that working themselves out, but I know thyroid in particular can make it extremely difficult to conceive and carry to term. FX!

Is anyone taking Metiformin (sp?) for help with weight loss to further help with TTC...just wondered if that is something that is regularly prescribed or not, and what success anyone has had with it.

Didnt want to read and run, I dont have any personal experience with that, how does it work? But Im sure some other ladies here can help!!

AFM- NOOOOOO :witch: yet, shes due today or tomorrow!!!!

I've taken it but it didn't help anything for me.... But I was only on it for 4 months because shortly after my ex wanted a divorce lol

Aw d! Sounds like u haven't had the easiest of times when it comes to ttc?! I suppose ur dh is right to a certain extent - at least his guys got in and did their job before! Did the dr say that was a good sign sperm-wise? Me nor dh have ever been pregnant or gotten anyone pregnant to his knowledge (god that would be awful at this point - ttc and one of his exes turn up with a baby!) so testing all round is called for for us I think. Just because it'll drive me mental otherwise!

Doctor still wants him to get tested.... Idk if she'll let me continue Clomid until he does. But I'll know in a couple of weeks.

I dont know for sure what or if I have a thyroid problem, but I cannot lose weight. I eat ridiculously healthy, especially this last year, I exercise 5-7 days a week and NOTHING happens, so finally Id had enough and went for blood tests, but I have heard of problems like that working themselves out, but I know thyroid in particular can make it extremely difficult to conceive and carry to term. FX!

Yeah I had a hard time for a long time with the weight. Actually now that I think about it around the time I started having normal results was around the time that I noticed I could start to take the weight off while not taking any medicine. The weight was a red flag for my mom though when I was younger to investigate because it came out of nowhere! I do plan on making a lady apt soon though (since I need a yearly) and just to make sure I'm still in the OK. I don't want my body to be doing any sneaky stuff and I think I'm OK lol. Keep us posted on what they say! :)

I definitely will! AF is one day late right now and I just took lunch at work and bought my very first pregnancy tests!! Im kind of excited.
My boobs are achey and my appetite is GONE. Im 188lbs, clearly that doesnt happen. Im eating, because I should....but when I do, I cant get much down because Im just not hungry and then I feel sick after I eat....do we have any previously pregnant ladies that have any experience with this? Also, I fell asleep last night at 7 after almost falling asleep at work?! I'll know tomorrow! :)

Aaaaaahhhhh! I don't know what else to say!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 7
QUOTE=Rockinmomtobe;25785113]Aaaaaahhhhh! I don't know what else to say!!!![/QUOTE]

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: yippee:happydance::happydance:

OMG!!!!!!!! :happydance: Rockin I'm sooooo freaking happy for you :cloud9: :wohoo:

I love you girls sooooo much, I hope you dont kick me out of the thread now! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->