Support person at Kaiser NT scan?

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
I have been trying to call the department, and they aren't calling me back. From what I have read, the Kaiser NT scan is like all the other official ultrasounds where it's a tech who doesn't talk and it's very formal. I hear these scans can be really long and I really want a support person. Since I am going to be a single mom, it'd be my mom. And they have refused to let my mom in the ultrasound room with me before when I had ER follow up ultrasounds at the hospital.

Were you allowed a support person at your NT scan? If it matters I am having it done at the Kaiser San Jose hospital. My previous scans were at the Santa Clara Kaiser hospital. Thank you!

For my NT scan the tech was very chatty and telling me how great everything looked, I think she could tell I was anxious because of being alone - DH was at work.

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't allow your mom in for support. Honestly if it were me and the tech said anything against it when they got me from the waiting area I would just tell them she's there for support and is coming with. If they still refuse I would request the departments supervisor's information, that would just be silly to not allow someone to have support.

Ty! I hope that is the case. Most techs I had did get that it is shitty not knowing anything or sitting there in silence and even give me a sneak peek. But they have to turn the screen way from me during the measurements. I was younger back then when they refused to let my mom go in. I was crying and losing my crap over it. I'll definitely ask for a supervisor is they say no.

Best of luck to you, I can't imagine them not letting your mom in the room. When is your scan?

Wednesday. As it turns out my mom has a staff meeting that day and can't go. She wanted me to reschedule but the latest they will book the scan is 3:30 and I get off work at 2:40 (20m earlier than usual) and work 40m away on a good day.

I'm sorry your mom isn't able to go anymore, do you have a friend who could go with?

:cry: Awwww Dobbs! I would go with you if I could! I hope you can get a friend to go. Good luck hun <3

Turns out they let you take up to two adults lol. But I went alone. It went well. Neg for downs and tri-whateveritscalled. Tech leaned boy but said it was way early and not to bet on it. Baby was hiding under my bladder so tech had a hard time getting the right measurements though. But she was nice enough to point out the nub and get a potty shot to humor me.

Glad to hear it went well! Fun on getting a potty shot, I didn't even think to ask the tech at mine to give me a guess.

I only though to ask because you all made me feel more comfortable. She was pretty quiet but definitely nice enough to humor me. It was funny because after she pointed out the nub, I asked if we could swing through the legs since I missed it on video the first time. She was like yeah but honestly potty shots are useless, you go with the nub theory at this early and I was like oh in a sad voice. And she not only swung through anyway but made sure to print it for me. :) I really wouldn't even know to ask if it wasn't for everyone here on BnB

Wonderful! I'm happy for you that she was so nice, pretty sweet she gave you prints too :)

Oh awesome! I have kaiser, and had it with my son too. But I was over 14 weeks when they tried to do the NT scan (and couldn't because he was measuring too big). But they could see at 14 weeks he was definitely boy. I'm going at 12.5 weeks this time, and was really hoping they could give a guess. Haha

Glad it all worked out. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->