• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Support thread for all atheist/agnostic/non-religious/secular-humanist moms-to-be! <3

Has anyone experienced a change in sleep? I've been waking up somewhere between 4-5am and I can't get back to sleep. For the record, I am NOT a morning person usually.

Yes! I am now a morning person too, waking up at like 5:30 and I'm all cheerful. Was the complete opposite before BFP. This was probably my 1st symptom that I was pregnant and noticed it before taking a pregnancy test. Hormones do some crazy things!

I always wake before the sun is up :( now I got sore hips from lying on my side.

I am also NOT a morning person. Early on, I kept waking up and not beefing able to fall back asleep. It's better now, but I toss and turn a lot at night and have to readjust my position. I did get a Leachco pregnancy pillow. It has helped with hip pain from sleeping on my side. I'm usually a stomach sleeper so it's been an adjustment getting...

My hips are killing me from sleeping on my side, too. So are my shoulder and neck. I have been a belly and back sleeper my whole life. I'm dying!

I hope everyone is doing well! I just read a spooky thread in the paranormal section about ladies hearing unidentified voices through their baby monitors, talking to their babies when there was no one in the room and freaked myself out. Plus, I'm home alone, and it's majorly storming, so I'm just waiting for the power to go off and finalize my descent into madness.

Yikes! Hope you made it through the storm without losing power or getting too freaked.

Everything was fine. :haha:

The funny thing is that I'm a retired paranormal investigator. But the thought of anything like that around my baby is absolutely terrifying! It's one reason I quit when we started TTC. (Another was that something nasty got after our group's leader, and I wanted no part of it.)

Heart burn making mne throw up, even throw up all the remedies I take for heart burn which just dont work for it. I had this with my boys, nothing new. So I have been throwing up in the night and this morning and my other half is at a funeral in scotland and I have the kids :( sore head. Aching muscles and I cant pick anything up off the floor. Got a woman coming to cut all our hair, she is preg too so hopefully she will know how I feel.

OOOH im also joining this one as a huge atheist! Due Feb 2nd x

Heart burn making mne throw up, even throw up all the remedies I take for heart burn which just dont work for it. I had this with my boys, nothing new. So I have been throwing up in the night and this morning and my other half is at a funeral in scotland and I have the kids :( sore head. Aching muscles and I cant pick anything up off the floor. Got a woman coming to cut all our hair, she is preg too so hopefully she will know how I feel.

Oh, wow! I hope you can get some relief soon, or at least some commiseration with the stylist! Do you know if you're having a boy or girl? Or are you team yellow?

OOOH im also joining this one as a huge atheist! Due Feb 2nd x

Welcome! You are added!:thumbup:

I didnt bother getting my hair done. I got the boys hair done instead. I can wait. I really wasnt feeling well enough for it and I couldnt get the chance to wash my hair either since my partner is away at the mo. My neck is sore from throwing up earlier, I hope anyway and not coming down with something. I even have dizzy spells too. I cant wait till my other half gets home . I actually feel bad for taking hormones out on him in the past as he really does do a lot for me and the kids :(

You're nearing the end now. I think he could understand if you were a little snappy. :hugs:

Didn't catch if you knew whether you were having a boy or girl.

Also, I noticed misslissa's due date passed! I'm going to go stalk her and see if she's had her baby. :D

Welcome, Geordie_gal!

Dragon, I hope the heartburn eases up soon!!

I am having a boy and stuck for names here. I had loads of girls names and none I like for boys. My other half wants his first name, I dont. Then he suggests his second name which is samuel and I am ok with that only it will end up being sam and kinda does seem to feel right? I knew when I had the boys names when they felt right and I know I avnt found this ons name yet. I like loads of names except know loads of people called them and turns me off them, even if I really like the name.

I like Sam as well!

I like a lot of traditional or mythological Irish names.

I would love to name a daughter Brigid, but no one here would ever pronounce it correctly, or they'd call her Bridget. We did have a set of names picked out in case we were having boy/girl twins: Fynn and Fianna. But now DH is trying to say Fianna is just the feminine of Fynn. I told him it isn't, and he's now saying they're too similar. :dohh: I really liked the combo. But no sense fighting about it, since we don't know if we're even having twins, much less gender. :haha:

My boy name list is long:

Zander/Xander
Teyrn ("king")
Gawain
Owain
Owen
Malcolm
Morgan
Fynn
Gabran
Zeran
Weston
Callum ("dove")
Warren ("watchman")
Shea ("admirable")
Kieran
Dylan ("son of the sea")
Kent ("born of fire")
Gareth
Dimitri ("loves the earth")
Inigo ("fiery")
Rowan
Rory
Lucian ("light")
Fynton ("white fire")
Cadence (nickname Cade)

If you like any of them for a middle name (I think a few of them would sound nice with Samuel), feel free. It's not like we live near each other. :) )

Also, just so you know, Samuel is a religious name that means "name of God" or "God has heard". I don't know if it affects your decision. One of the reasons I went off the name Zane was because it was something similarly religious.

Thats the part I dont like about it the religious part. And we have way to many Sams in the family. I dont mind it as a middle name if it satisfies his dad. I like Lucian though but cant see it being that. Other halfs name is Darren and he wanted that and I would agree to Darcy. Please dont slate that name someone already turned me off it slagging it and I dont ever say my name choices as I am sensitive to stuff like that being bullied over my own name all my life.

We're not telling anyone else our name choices until baby is born. That way they just have to suck it up, because it's done. I don't want to listen to others offering their own suggestions and stuff. DH and I are pretty particular.

We were considering making seeded brackets once we find out gender to let names compete.

I am the same I am only asking in here, any one in family asks we just say we dont know. I had all that crap with horrible remarks about my first sons name choices. Really put a downer on things for me. People can be so insensitive and negative about names. They really do piss on your cornflakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"