Support thread for all atheist/agnostic/non-religious/secular-humanist moms-to-be! <3

GingerPanda

1DD LTTCRPL + NTNP#2
Reaction score

We've had a similar thread in the TTC groups section
for a long time, and it was so nice to get support from
people who understand. We tried to make a pregnancy
group before, but I think it was back when just a few of
our members were actually pregnant, so it kind of flopped.
This was quite some time ago, so I figured we would give
it another try, now that more of us are expecting!

:flower: New members are also welcome, of course! :flower:

Members and Due Dates:

misslissa
June 26th, 2013
:baby:

Dragonfly
August 4th, 2013
:blue:

Sbmack
October 16th, 2013
:pink:

txbiscuit
November 1st, 2013
:pink:

Ameli
January 17th, 2014

ashleyy84
January 28th, 2014

geordie_gal
February 2nd, 2014

GingerPanda
:angel:

Here's the thread graphic, if you would like to use it in your signature:
https://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q655/GingerPanda89/aanshmtb_zps685bdf2c.gif

Code:
[url="https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/1900317-support-thread-all-atheist-agnostic-non-religious-secular-humanist-moms-3-a.html"][img]https://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q655/GingerPanda89/aanshmtb_zps685bdf2c.gif[/img][/url]

:hi: Here I am! Thanks for setting this up Gingerpanda!

Oh, and my due date is January 17th.

You have been added!

So, have you had any scans yet, Ameli?

Yes, I've had one scan at 8 1/2 weeks. Here it is! It was amazing to see it move and its heart beating. Can't wait until the next one when it will look more like a little person! What about you?

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 5
SO CUTE!

I wasn't going to have a scan until 12 weeks... but at my first midwife appointment, she felt and said my uterus was measuring a little larger than she expected. I told her I had conceived on Clomid, and she scheduled me for a scan on July 2nd to make sure it's not twins. Now everyone is convinced I'm having twins, except me! :haha:

DH would love twins. He's so giddy picking out twin names. So far we have girl-girl and girl-boy twin names. I'm hoping for just one boy, but after over a year of trying, I'll take what I can get!

Do you have a gender preference? I noticed all your tickers were blue.

Oh man, twins! I *think* I would love to have twins (so efficient!) but probably will say something different in a few months. I really don't have a gender preference. I just like the color. OH actually wants a little girl. I think it's because we have a friend with the sweetest little girl. We will be super-happy with either though. How do you feel about the possibility of twins?

At first I was freaking out. It's pretty much a c-section sentence. I was wanting to deliver a waterbirth with my midwife. My midwife can't help me if I have twins, but I'm hoping one of the OBs at the practice will be supportive of me having a natural twin birth.

Mostly, I feel like there's just one, so there's no need for me to be freaking out over the possibility. I'll be happy if there are two. I'll be happy and relieved if there is just one. :thumbup:

Tx! My first thought was "Wow, we have godless heathens in Texas?!", then I remembered that I'm in Kentucky. :haha: I shall add you!

:rofl:

Yep. We have to keep our blinds closed so as not to scare the neighbors, though.

LOL

I used to work in printing, and had to print a lot of things for churches. I swear, they could smell it on me or something.

So, here's a question. If/when y'all have boys, will you be getting them circumcised? It's a religious practice, but I think it's to the point where it's kind of the default in the US.

You know, not having to make that decision made me sort of relieved to find out we were having a girl. I'd say no, but I had a friend who had to be circumcised as an adult for some kind of medical problem, and he was super bitter that his parents didn't do it when he was a baby. (Apparently the recovery was very painful... which sort of makes me not want to do it to a baby, either.) The slight protection against STDs is interesting, but I plan to be the embarrassing mom whose only religion is the church of "condoms are awesome," so I'm not sure that sways me one way or the other either.

In other words... I don't know!

We won't be doing it. DH is uncircumcised, and everything is awesome. He's more sensitive, which makes him more fun to play with. :haha:

And as long as you wash yourself in the shower (which you should be doing anyway, I mean seriously), there's not really any more chance of infections or STDs than otherwise. (And if being circumcised is your main line of defense against STDs, you have more problems than whether you're cut or not LOL)

Conversely to your story, I have a male friend who is very bitter that his parents DID do it. He says he feels like part of his manhood was removed without his consent. Which, I can't argue with.

It's a very personal choice. I was just curious what y'all's thoughts on it were. :flower:

Tx! My first thought was "Wow, we have godless heathens in Texas?!", then I remembered that I'm in Kentucky. :haha: I shall add you!

Hey, I'm in Alabama, believe it or not! Bible belt!

It's very true that it's a personal decision. I'm glad I don't have to think about it too much!

Wow, I haven't really thought about what to do if we have a boy. Very interesting, and one more thing to worry about making the right choice.

I'm so glad to see this thread! I used to post in the TTC version a while back but slacked off for a while. After my BFP, I've been much more active here. Mostly because I haven't told anyone but OH yet! We're telling our families tomorrow now that we know we really have a baby in there. :dance:

We went for our first u/s today and everything was great! It was such a relief since it took us so long to get here. I was really holding back on the excitement, but it all came out today!

Ameli, I'm from Alabama as well.

Due Date is 1/28/2014

Welcome, Ashley! I'm glad to see more people in the thread! :flower:

So exciting about your scan! Do you have a pic?
Can't wait for mine on July 2nd. Mostly to find out if there's one or two (or more- eek!).

Super exciting about telling your families! Are you doing it any special way? How do you think they'll react? We're telling DH's mom tomorrow, so I'm super interested in this right now. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->