Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Hey guys, sorry I have been so quiet of late, things have been so up in the air. I'm 10dpo today according to ff, but I could be 11dpo or not have ovulated at all :shrug: either way bfn this morning and can't bear another 'god will give you your BFP when you least expect it' or 'when he thinks you are ready'. My body is the one that controls whether I'm pregnant or not, not god.

For one of our own, we're nothing but delighted you got your BFP! :wohoo: Although I have to say I get a bit irritated with the "I conceived my first month, so I'm gonna stick around the TTC forums for a while, just to rub it in!!!"

I hope I´m not one of those "rub it in" characters... :blush:
Anyhoo, I´m going to start weaning myself off some of these threads, and sadly this is one of them.
I´m not entirely gone, I just need to watch fewer threads to be able to keep up.
Love ya´ll and good luck.

:dust:

Hey lovely ladies, got my :bfp: today, God didn't help, SMEP and preseed did! xx

You should keep it as a surprise! Just go all 9 months with it as a big guessing game!

You mean the sex of the baby? Yes, that's the plan! We partly don't want to know so that we don't have to tell people and end up with a whole bunch of pink or blue crap. Ugh.

Hey guys, sorry I have been so quiet of late, things have been so up in the air. I'm 10dpo today according to ff, but I could be 11dpo or not have ovulated at all :shrug: either way bfn this morning and can't bear another 'god will give you your BFP when you least expect it' or 'when he thinks you are ready'. My body is the one that controls whether I'm pregnant or not, not god.

Sounds, rough, Stefanie! FX that FF had it correct!

For one of our own, we're nothing but delighted you got your BFP! :wohoo: Although I have to say I get a bit irritated with the "I conceived my first month, so I'm gonna stick around the TTC forums for a while, just to rub it in!!!"

I hope I´m not one of those "rub it in" characters... :blush:
Anyhoo, I´m going to start weaning myself off some of these threads, and sadly this is one of them.
I´m not entirely gone, I just need to watch fewer threads to be able to keep up.
Love ya´ll and good luck.

:dust:

No, of course you're not! Did you get pregnant in your first month TTC? Wow! I was referring to the people who have it in their signatures all braggy. Or they feel the need to mention it every single time they post. Kind of like those women who, talking to someone having trouble conceiving, say, "I just look at my husband and I'm pregnant!" :grr:

Anyway, I didn't mean you, and I'm sorry if you were offended. I'm also sorry to see you go, but I know Bnb can be overwhelming. Good luck! :hugs:

Hey lovely ladies, got my :bfp: today, God didn't help, SMEP and preseed did! xx
Whoohoo!!!! :wohoo: Congratulations!!! Non-god is really smiling upon us these days! Who's next!

Congrats, MrsSmartie!!! :) Wow all the BFP's are getting me stoked! And hopefully storked, soon! It's easy to be happy for you gals!

pbl_ge I have to hear that from my mom all the time! She used to call herself "fertile Myrtle." She's more sensitive now that she knows we've been ttc. I used to keep it a secret, but wth, it's tiring to keep dodging the questions. I've realized now how sensitive family planning is. I have violent thoughts when people ask us when we're going to have kids or tell us it's our turn.

Congrats MrsSmartie! Happy & healthy 9 months to you!

Ashleyy I'm totally with you on the violent thoughts! It doesn't normally bother me that much as I've kind of got used to it and know people can be generally thoughtless, but I seem to have experienced it far too much over the last week and it's driving me mad! It's like the next person who asks me something so stupid might get a punch in the face! (Only in my mind though, hopefully!)

I just got my positive OPK finally, it's crazy how I can only pick them up by testing at 11pm!

Hey congrats!!!! Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

May I ask how many cycles it took? How many trying with preseed and Smep?

Mrs.Smartie: SO exciting! Wahooo! How many cycles did it take?

Ashleyy: Totally with you on the violent thoughts, people can be so insensitive.

It doesn't help that I work at a school where over half the teachers are either pregnant or have young children, everything is baby this and baby that and "oh, poor thing, you're getting so OLD. Why don't you have children yet??" I"M ONLY 27. And we're trying! I was really surprised when one of the teachers made me feel like a failure for not having a baby yet, and then she told me that she had to have IVF to get pregnant after years of trying.... Even she was pushy about the whole thing!!!

Sorry for the rant, I guess it' been one of those days. Needed to blow off some steam.

How's everyone else doing?

Hey congrats!!!! Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

May I ask how many cycles it took? How many trying with preseed and Smep?

We were very fortunate. It took 4 cycles. But tbh the first month was a write off as dh was not around during O time. This was the first month properly using opks, smep and preseed at all the right times so that is good. We are in our early twenties with no medical reason to delay things. Xx

Mrs.Smartie: SO exciting! Wahooo! How many cycles did it take?

Ashleyy: Totally with you on the violent thoughts, people can be so insensitive.

It doesn't help that I work at a school where over half the teachers are either pregnant or have young children, everything is baby this and baby that and "oh, poor thing, you're getting so OLD. Why don't you have children yet??" I"M ONLY 27. And we're trying! I was really surprised when one of the teachers made me feel like a failure for not having a baby yet, and then she told me that she had to have IVF to get pregnant after years of trying.... Even she was pushy about the whole thing!!!

Sorry for the rant, I guess it' been one of those days. Needed to blow off some steam.

How's everyone else doing?

Yikes! How insensitive and imposing!

Congratulations, pbl_ge and MrsSmartie! pbl_ge, I also plan on not finding out the sex. I haven't had any friends wait to find out, but I think the surprise makes it more fun. I also don't want to everything in pink or blue.

DH and I have only started thinking about names, but I have been surprised to learn how many have religious meanings. I'm not sure how much or if I care about that yet if I like the name itself. Anyone have thoughts about names with religious meanings?

After dealing with so many people asking me about when we were going to have kids, it's really tempting now to tell everyone how horrible it is to hear those questions when you've been TTC for a while. I don't know how to nicely share the message though. Maybe it's enough that I've learned to never do it to other people.

Btw, when we all graduate from TTC into the Pregnant forums, I created this:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...agnostic-non-religious-secular-humanists.html

They recently moved it and not the TTC thread into "Groups and Discussions" for some reason. :shrug:

I would pick a name because my hubby and I like the name, not because what it means. I think somebody got bored one day and tried to assign a religious meaning to every name, because certainly not all of the names said to be religious were used in the bible and such. If anybody tries to preach to you about the name, just tell them that names mean different things for everyone! Or just be mean and say in a snotty tone 'So it means to youuuuuuuu!' lol

May I join your group? I am so sick of people saying that crap to me "God must not think its your time." Blah! We have been TTC for 2 years, going to FS next week. I would love to chat with others that dont use that excuse :)

Yeah, I guess how often does anyone other than the person whose name it is know what a name means :)

Welcome katertots! Two years for me as well. Hope all goes well next week at your appointment with the FS!

Thanks for the new thread pbl, I love your optimism - 'when' we all join the preggers forum! How's things going with you?

And welcome katertots! :)

Btw, when we all graduate from TTC into the Pregnant forums, I created this:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...agnostic-non-religious-secular-humanists.html

They recently moved it and not the TTC thread into "Groups and Discussions" for some reason. :shrug:

I hope to see you there SOON!

How is everyone doing? How was your weekend? What did you do?

My weekend was ok, Friday night we went to dinner and a music thing with friends, Saturday I went to my friends house and we cooked together, did crafts, and watched a movie. Yesterday we were so Lazy and never even left the house! Worked on some sewing projects and watched another movie. But we did manage to do LOTS of BDing!

CD 16 over here and still waiting to O...

I'm so glad a thread like this exists. :) Hi guys, agnostic here. XD Hoping to experience the miracle of life, even though I don't believe in miracles... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->