Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Religion DOES play a part in your fertility.

I just reported this post. Clearly not meant to be friendly or supportive, is it?

That was fast! Thanks, BnB elves!!!

So fast I missed it all! Hmm not very friendly or supportive at all. I wonder if the post was part of god's plan. I actually find it quite rude that person felt the need to intrude on our thread when it's clearly set up for those of us who aren't religious, for somewhere to chat and avoid offending any of those in the religious threads, so I don't see why someone felt the need to come in and try an argue against it?!

This individual's entire profile was removed. I am seriously impressed with the way this site is run. These people don't mess around!!!

A Canadian is jealous of us? Wow! :blush: Usually it's the other way around. My father even has a bumpersticker that says "Aspiring Canadian." Btw, what does your line "TTC and a little half-HANIB" mean? And how did you customize it like that?

Welcome, Jaericho! I'm so sorry about your mother. I think the "God has a plan" and 'Everything happens for a reason" have a lot to answer for in this world. But I guess it gives them something to say without having to think, which is clearly their goal. I'm sorry you had to hear that from people. I'm not sure I would have been able to refrain from violence.

I actually used video games, the very violent ones, and writing as an outlet to kind of keep me from being so angry. Even to this day when it's almost been four years, it's still like throwing salt in the wound, aside from the fact, if gods plan was to remove my mother and replace her with the Evil Queen of a stepmother I have, I'm definitely not getting it. I could rant about her all night but I'm not going to let her ruin my day.

I'm just more of a scientific person, at least science has a reason because I can't do the relying on a higher power.

Hello, hope you don't mind if I tag along here. I actually saw Bubbles signature in the other thread I am a part of and I got 'curious.' So... I hijacked your sig Bubbles! lol

I, too, get a sense of frustration when people talk about 'in God's time' or 'part of God's plan.' I was actually very involved with church activities in high school, but honestly I think I was doing it because it was the 'cool' thing to do. I grew up in a very religious community (full of Amish and Mennonite, which I like to call Mennonites hypocritical Amish with electricity) and being a part of religious functions made you cool. So I participated to fit in. Or that is how I look back on it. When I went off to college and joined the real world, things really changed. I haven't really given religion much thought one way or another since college. I am not sure what my title would exactly be. Maybe agnostic, or maybe just non-religious. I tend to favor evidence over something I cannot see. However, just like somebody would WISH to win the lottery, I sometimes find myself praying for something to go right. Maybe it is old habit, who knows? All I know is I feel ridiculous afterwords. Ever since my Dad died 2 years ago unexpectedly, I now find myself praying to him. That is always more comforting to me than praying to a God that nobody can prove is really there. At least I knew my Dad did exist and his presence could still be around.

Anyhow, I hope you don't mind me chiming in. It is pretty refreshing to know that as being a part of this thread, I will never hear that whole 'In God's time' stuff. The other thread I am a part of (with Bubbles) doesn't really mention the religion thing that I have noticed. I think a lot of people say 'praying for you' and stuff like that, but I don't get offended. I say it too, but I guess what I really mean is 'hoping for you.' I doubt MOST of the people who say it actually pray for anybody. I just wish for good things.

Also... I have a tendency to ramble. So don't mind me. :haha:

Hello Elpha, welcome to another thread I ramble in! :) I'm possibly in too many different threads now, somedays I can't keep up or I get the confused as a few now have some of the same people in!

Sorry to hear about your dad, I also lost mine unexpectedly two years ago too, and also find myself 'praying' to him in a way. Not sure I believe he can hear me but I hate to think he's just gone from my life altogether sometimes, so I know what you mean.

I've often wondered if those that say 'I'm praying for you' in other threads actually mean it literally or not. I'm sure even the religious ones won't always waste their time and efforts praying for everyone else to get their BFPs, or maybe they do, no idea how it all works! I also wonder if those that sound like they genuinely want everyone else on the thread to get their BFP really mean it when in the next post they're saying how peed off they are that a friend or family member or someone on facebook just got their BFP, I don't know why they'd be happier for a complete stranger!

PS I went to the treatment centre today to start my intensive treatment for my ankle injury, and came home with this:

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/wedding/9E4AB400-5266-432E-8ADB-6E8372C1C462-5719-0000082F36B21A23.jpg

I'm not sure if I have more hope in blue tape on my foot than praying for my foot, but I'll give it a go!

Ooooooh--is that this stuff?
https://todayhealth.today.msnbc.msn...th-that-weird-tape-olympians-are-wearing?lite

Ooooooh--is that this stuff?
https://todayhealth.today.msnbc.msn...th-that-weird-tape-olympians-are-wearing?lite

Ha yes it is! I've never heard of it before, I thought the therapist was just having a laugh! But when I came home DH said 'oh it's that stuff from the Olympics' haha.

Welcome to Hanfran, too! The one photo you have there is gorgeous, so I look forward to more!

This thread has had a lot of turnover (look back and you'll find we get pregnant more frequently than Christians :winkwink: ), so new folks are welcome! For those who have been here a while, did you notice that readerwriter got her BFP and quietly went away? :dance:

Oooh no I didn't notice that, well spotted! I get kind of sad on here when people I've been chatting to for a while get their BFP and disappear, it's happened a few times now. I like the threads I've seen where they agree to stay together and keep the thread til everyone's got their BFP, and some where they've kept it going right through til after the births. But I guess that's no fun when you're in a thread full of BFPs and you're one of the only ones without.

The ankle's not as bad as it was, so I suppose it is getting better just very slowly. I finally got booked in for intensive physio on Friday at a treatment centre I've been paying into for the last 7 years at work so I should make use of it, I could've maybe been better by now if I'd gone there in the first place rather than the 5 minute session once every two or three weeks I've been getting on the NHS! Some days it doesn't feel as bad, but I still can't drive or wear pretty shoes, it's been a long 3 months!

Hey everyone! I'm still around :) I didn't mean to disappear after I got my BFP. I had been on a few too many threads with people announcing their BFPs after a few short months of TTC and sometimes it made me really sad so I didn't want to make others feel that way. I've still been coming by every so often to read the thread, and I enjoyed all the wedding photos :flower:

So here's my long, weird story of getting my BFP if you're interested in it. I had been spotting for several days, which wasn't unusual for me before my period. Then I got what I thought was my period, had a few beers that night, and woke up the next morning with no period. That day I decided to test for the first time ever at CD 32, 12-15 DPO worried sick that I drank while pregnant. I got my BFP! Let the worrying begin! :wacko: I continued to have spotting on and off for weeks convinced I was going to miscarry at any moment. I finally called my Ob/Gyn. They had me do blood tests two days apart. After the first test, I found out my progesterone was low and they put me on progesterone pills. My hcg was fine. The two day rise for hcg was also good and my progesterone level had more than doubled. After maybe 4 days of the pills, the spotting stopped. My first ultrasound is in a week and half so hopefully I can finally breathe then! At least after 9 months of TTC, I know it's possible for me to get pregnant :happydance: I hope you all get your BFPs soon! I miss talking with you and can't wait to hear your thoughts about raising a religion-free child once I convince myself that this is for real :thumbup:

A Canadian is jealous of us? Wow! :blush: Usually it's the other way around. My father even has a bumpersticker that says "Aspiring Canadian." Btw, what does your line "TTC and a little half-HANIB" mean? And how did you customize it like that?

Love the bumper sticker LOL:haha:

Yes occasionally Canadians find a reason to be jealous of Americans:thumbup:...don't let them tell you any different!!!!

And the "напів" (NA-peeve) part is 'half' in Ukrainian so literally it's "half & half". My DH is Ukrainian so that's also where my screen name comes from (means "gypsy girl") the joke with his community is that's how we speak at home because I'm slowly learning Ukrainian my MIL is still in Ukraine and doesn't speak any English so I gotta learn! And so some of our conversations are half & half or "half-напів' and I joked when we started TTC that we'll make a little half-напів eventually :blush:

You can customize it in the User CP > Edit your Details > My Family
You have to select something from the 'family status' and then in the 'My Family' you can write in what you want, and it shows up automatically that way once you save.

We're heading home starting tomorrow morning from this glorious vacation in the American South West. We're currently in Roswell New Mexico (I'm a HUGE geek).

Hello Elpha, welcome to another thread I ramble in! :) I'm possibly in too many different threads now, somedays I can't keep up or I get the confused as a few now have some of the same people in!

Sorry to hear about your dad, I also lost mine unexpectedly two years ago too, and also find myself 'praying' to him in a way. Not sure I believe he can hear me but I hate to think he's just gone from my life altogether sometimes, so I know what you mean.

I've often wondered if those that say 'I'm praying for you' in other threads actually mean it literally or not. I'm sure even the religious ones won't always waste their time and efforts praying for everyone else to get their BFPs, or maybe they do, no idea how it all works! I also wonder if those that sound like they genuinely want everyone else on the thread to get their BFP really mean it when in the next post they're saying how peed off they are that a friend or family member or someone on facebook just got their BFP, I don't know why they'd be happier for a complete stranger!

I agree!!! Hard to believe people are 'praying' for everybody to get BFPs when they are bitter about others getting pregnant. Personally, I just get mad at the universe and my body!

Good to see you again reader! Thanks for dropping in, please don't feel like you need to hide now you got your BFP (if that's what you meant?!)!
Fingers crossed it all goes well for you but I already know I'd be worried until the little one was in my arms! How exciting having a scan!

Good to see you again reader! Thanks for dropping in, please don't feel like you need to hide now you got your BFP (if that's what you meant?!)!
Fingers crossed it all goes well for you but I already know I'd be worried until the little one was in my arms! How exciting having a scan!

Thanks, I am out of hiding now! :laugh2: I just didn't want to make anyone feel sad. It's always hard to have that mixed feeling of happy for a person but sad for yourself. I experienced that so many times during TTC.

Thanks, I am out of hiding now! :laugh2: I just didn't want to make anyone feel sad. It's always hard to have that mixed feeling of happy for a person but sad for yourself. I experienced that so many times during TTC.

Congrats Reader! I know what you mean about the happy/sad feelings... but I'm glad you shared your story..... It's good to know that good things can happen to heathens like us :blush:

My BFF and her brothers were raised religion free, they all turned out quite well if I do say so myself.

I've had the light periods and drank and worried myself, I kept my drinks to 2-3 and only on AF but still I worried enough that I've given up drinking anything at all until we're done having kids... it actually flares up my allergies and makes my eczema break out.

My BFF and her brothers were raised religion free, they all turned out quite well if I do say so myself.

I've had the light periods and drank and worried myself, I kept my drinks to 2-3 and only on AF but still I worried enough that I've given up drinking anything at all until we're done having kids... it actually flares up my allergies and makes my eczema break out.

I'm glad to hear heathen kids turn out all right :haha:

My husband and I pretty much gave up alcohol the month I got my BFP. Then I had to go and mess it up. I feel pretty guilty about it, but it sounds like it's not uncommon in very early pregnancy so that gives me hope.

For one of our own, we're nothing but delighted you got your BFP! :wohoo: Although I have to say I get a bit irritated with the "I conceived my first month, so I'm gonna stick around the TTC forums for a while, just to rub it in!!!"

Ahem.

Anyway, glad things seem to be going better over there. Even the Mayo clinic book that I has says not to worry if you drank a bid before you knew you were pregnant. There's even been some recent studies that light drinking throughout pregnancy won't affect the LO (although I don't recommend testing this). So, don't worry about a couple of beers one night.

Keep us posted!

Love the bumper sticker LOL:haha:

Yes occasionally Canadians find a reason to be jealous of Americans:thumbup:...don't let them tell you any different!!!!

And the "напів" (NA-peeve) part is 'half' in Ukrainian so literally it's "half & half". My DH is Ukrainian so that's also where my screen name comes from (means "gypsy girl") the joke with his community is that's how we speak at home because I'm slowly learning Ukrainian my MIL is still in Ukraine and doesn't speak any English so I gotta learn! And so some of our conversations are half & half or "half-напів' and I joked when we started TTC that we'll make a little half-напів eventually :blush:

You can customize it in the User CP > Edit your Details > My Family
You have to select something from the 'family status' and then in the 'My Family' you can write in what you want, and it shows up automatically that way once you save.

We're heading home starting tomorrow morning from this glorious vacation in the American South West. We're currently in Roswell New Mexico (I'm a HUGE geek).

Very cool stuff! Are you ROASTING down in NM these days? That's one of 5 states I've never been to, although I really want to.

Btw, it looks like you and I are about a day apart on our cycles. When are you testing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->