Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Sorry for your loss pb :( Better days are coming soon.

I know, I would love for this thread to pick up more as I want to be more involved.

Now this is a group of ladies I can relate to. :thumbup:

I think I lean more toward Atheist. I was raised Roman Catholic, church every Sunday, communion, Sunday School, etc. I use to believe there was a "god" but after the death of my Aunt when I was younger (after alot of prayer, mind you to spare her) I completely lost my faith that there was any sort of higher being as if there was, why would this "higher being" take someone so young who was so devoted and religious? Does not add up to me. :nope:

I am very sorry PBL, Vietmamsie, Chevcwgirl, I hope you are on your way to healing and feeling better.

I hope I can join this thread.

Congrats Mrs Mabrey! :)

Hey to all the newbies on the thread!

Now this is a group of ladies I can relate to. :thumbup:

I think I lean more toward Atheist. I was raised Roman Catholic, church every Sunday, communion, Sunday School, etc. I use to believe there was a "god" but after the death of my Aunt when I was younger (after alot of prayer, mind you to spare her) I completely lost my faith that there was any sort of higher being as if there was, why would this "higher being" take someone so young who was so devoted and religious? Does not add up to me. :nope:

I am very sorry PBL, Vietmamsie, Chevcwgirl, I hope you are on your way to healing and feeling better.

I hope I can join this thread.

I completely agree with that!

Love this thread. My husband and I are both agnostic leaning more towards atheist. I also get really annoyed when people reference god's will in family planning. If there is a god then why woud s/he want so many undeserving people to get pregnant.

I just joined this forum. I'm 31 and have been ttc for 5 months. Trying SMEP right now...got a positive opk today!

Baby Dust to you all!

:hi: to Sbmack, babyluv, and everyone else!

And congrats to Ms. Mabrey! :happydance: Was that IVF? When will you get a scan?

How's everyone doing? I'm in very boring waiting-for-0-HCG-following-methotrexate so you should let me live vicariously through you!

:hugs: and :dust:

And congrats to Ms. Mabrey! :happydance: Was that IVF? When will you get a scan?

How's everyone doing? I'm in very boring waiting-for-0-HCG-following-methotrexate so you should let me live vicariously through you!

it wad 50mg clomid days 3~7 with u/s monitoring for follicles growth and hcg trigger shot. We also used preseed as clomid dried me up and elevated hips for 30 minutes after...and we abstained 4 days before ov at doctors advice :)

I think I'll join you ladies!

I grew up agnostic, and I'm probably closer to Atheist now but to be honest, I figure no matter what, it doesn't matter until I die anyway. To me, if there is a god, I can't imagine a jealous god that gets angry when someone converts to a different religion. After all, how unlucky would you have to be to have been born in a part of the world that has not been 'saved' by god? And, mind you, that goes for any other religion, not just Christians. To me, I also can't imagine a god that gets upset if someone doesn't believe in him/her. It's the same way with the having joined a different religion than whatever one is supposedly the right path. I figure, if there is a god, all I have to do is live a good life, be good to people and try not to judge them. What else more could I do?

Bah. My husband is a little more Christian (non denominational) than Agnostic, but again...it's not an important thing to us, so we just don't talk about it! Live and let live and all that (not just a religious thing!)

Thank you for the welcome! I understand how you feel about waiting for the HCG to get to 0. I had an ectopic pregnancy a few years ago so I understand. My thoughts are with you :flower:

I am on CD 6 right now, waiting for the ol' :witch: to wrap up. (just spotting today) then onto our 5th month of trying. Going to just try to BD three to four times per week and not really get too concerned on timing it perfectly as my body kind of does what it wants and does not seem to be consistent each month. So since its a moving target hopefully if we just spread out the BDing enough we might hit that perfect time.

Hey Babyluv, CD6 over here too and just watching that witch pack her bags!

I'm gonna try aim for every other day or every third day as much as possible, although my cycles have been so unpredictable since coming off BCP, so it's easy to get fed up of all the BD and give up too soon! I started vitex a few weeks ago so hoping things might start to settle down now, but as I didn't ovulate last cycle til CD50 I really have no idea when my fertile window might decide to be this time.

I was raised Roman Catholic. We didn't go to church very often, but I had to do the first communion, confirmation, all that crap. By the time I was in high school, I started to really have doubts about any of it.

To make a long story short, I don't believe in any of that now, and neither does my husband.

It's very annoying because my mother-in-law, is always saying "I'm praying for you to have a baby!" full well knowing that we don't believe. She doesn't even know we're trying, and I plan to keep it that way. She's not a very nice person anyway.

This is our third cycle TTC, and I'm going crazy. This past weekend I was throwing up, and even though I knew it was too early, took a test, and got a BFP. I was skeptical, but hopeful. Took another test, got a BFN, followed by another BFN. AF is due in exactly a week. I'm really hoping this month is the month. I don't know though. I have cramps that feel like AF cramps, but as I'm not even due for a week, that's not really the norm. My bbs are aching too, which is also not the norm.

I don't know if it's really happening, or if I just want it to happen so bad that my mind is playing tricks on me.

I'm gonna try aim for every other day or every third day as much as possible, although my cycles have been so unpredictable since coming off BCP, so it's easy to get fed up of all the BD and give up too soon! I started vitex a few weeks ago so hoping things might start to settle down now, but as I didn't ovulate last cycle til CD50 I really have no idea when my fertile window might decide to be this time.

Bubbles, I am giving that :witch: the boot as I type, LOL. I was thinking the same, BD every other or every third day. Sometimes every other day continuously is kind of rough. My cycles sometimes can be on the longer side too. Max cycle has been 36 days or so. When did you come off of the BCP? I have been off it for about one year so I think my cycles are back to normal. I don't use OPK's or temp either. Just gets a bit too stressful for me.

:dust::dust:

I was raised Roman Catholic. We didn't go to church very often, but I had to do the first communion, confirmation, all that crap. By the time I was in high school, I started to really have doubts about any of it.

To make a long story short, I don't believe in any of that now, and neither does my husband.

It's very annoying because my mother-in-law, is always saying "I'm praying for you to have a baby!" full well knowing that we don't believe. She doesn't even know we're trying, and I plan to keep it that way. She's not a very nice person anyway.

This is our third cycle TTC, and I'm going crazy. This past weekend I was throwing up, and even though I knew it was too early, took a test, and got a BFP. I was skeptical, but hopeful. Took another test, got a BFN, followed by another BFN. AF is due in exactly a week. I'm really hoping this month is the month. I don't know though. I have cramps that feel like AF cramps, but as I'm not even due for a week, that's not really the norm. My bbs are aching too, which is also not the norm.

I don't know if it's really happening, or if I just want it to happen so bad that my mind is playing tricks on me.

MMW, did you use FMU with all of the tests? Sometimes really early there is not enough hormone if you don't use first morning urine. I hope this is your month, keep us posted! :hugs:

It wasn't FMU the first time, though it might as well have been since it had been hours since I last went. I wasn't consuming much because I was so busy throwing up. I only tested because I was trying to rationalize my vomiting, and didn't want to believe I was maybe just sick.

The BFN's were both FMU.

The instructions all said I shouldn't even be testing early until tomorrow (I just didn't want to listen). I don't know if I should test early during the early test window, or just let it go until I (hopefully) miss AF.

I hope it's my month too! I hope it's your month! I wish it could be everyone's month.

Bubbles, I am giving that :witch: the boot as I type, LOL. I was thinking the same, BD every other or every third day. Sometimes every other day continuously is kind of rough. My cycles sometimes can be on the longer side too. Max cycle has been 36 days or so. When did you come off of the BCP? I have been off it for about one year so I think my cycles are back to normal. I don't use OPK's or temp either. Just gets a bit too stressful for me.

:dust::dust:

I came off BCP just under 4 months ago, had two cycles around 35 days then the last one was a crazy 66! Hoping it was just a one off and things may start to get more back to normal now as I've never had irregular or long cycles before. BD every other day gets so boring with long cycles!

Ok ladies, so just wondering if any of you have had to deal with this before.

So a little background, have been TTC for about 5 cycles, but I have wanting to have a baby for longer. I notice I get a bit jealous of pregnant ladies. So my DH's friend at work is having a baby w/ his spouse and there is a Gender Reveal Party this Saturday and of course AF just visited for me. My hubby will be there so its not like I'll be alone.

Have you ladies gone to any baby showers or a parties where they is a celebration of a pregnancy? How did you feel, did you get upset, etc.

I'm just afraid that I won't seem genuine or happy and I don't want to be fake either, but at the same time I think it would be good for me to out and see people and stuff.

I just recently went to a friend's baby's first birthday party and everyone there had children. I felt very out of place...jealous, of course, but also that I didn't know what to do with the kids. I know it'll be different when I have my own baby...no one just KNOWS how to deal with kids before they have one, and babysitting isn't exactly the same thing. I left the party early. Too awkward.

It's important to try and remember that they may have had to try for their bundle of joy too. So in essence, you'd be celebrating their ability to get pregnant...and to me, it offers hope that if someone else was able to do it, maybe I can too. Not that it's easy to stay in that mindframe!

Thanks Duckieshoes, I really do have to keep in mind that who knows how long it took them to get pregnant and they don't deserve me being standoffish.

I don't think there will be alot of kiddos there, but I'm not sure. So I'll just have to lean on my hubbie for support because he understands what I'm feeling as well.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->