Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

My DH isn't circumcised either. We will not if we have a boy.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I spent the day with my In-Laws and luckily, they are not very religious...there was no talk of baby Jesus.

My DH isn't circumcised either. We will not if we have a boy.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I spent the day with my In-Laws and luckily, they are not very religious...there was no talk of baby Jesus.

None at my inlaws, either. I was actually surprised that they didn't pray. But I realized my MIL has been divorced from her psychopath preacher ex for a couple of years now. THANK GOODNESS.

My MIL was throwing out baby hints though. They don't know we've been TTC for several months.

We won't be cutting any boys we have. DH and I both are against it. Sure sometimes it becomes medically necessary but for the most part there is no real need. Its not covered under our provincial health care either so that shows how cosmetic it really is.

As for my US it went well. We saw the heartbeat and it seems to be measuring a week ahead. But given my temping and things I know my dates spot on.

I'm just getting over the flu from hell.
We went to my aunt's for Christmas dinner. No fear of Jesus showing up there.
Happy New Year ladies.

We won't be cutting any boys we have. DH and I both are against it. Sure sometimes it becomes medically necessary but for the most part there is no real need. Its not covered under our provincial health care either so that shows how cosmetic it really is.

As for my US it went well. We saw the heartbeat and it seems to be measuring a week ahead. But given my temping and things I know my dates spot on.

I'm just getting over the flu from hell.
We went to my aunt's for Christmas dinner. No fear of Jesus showing up there.
Happy New Year ladies.

Glad your scan went well! They think your baby will just be bigger, or is there something bad that could cause the bigger measurement?

I have no fear of Jesus showing up. Any guy who can turn water into wine is always welcome at my holiday party! It's his followers that freak me out. Lol

Glad your scan went well, Tsy!!

Gingerpanda, I agree....it's not Jesus that's scary, it's his zealot followers!

Thanks ladies. We'll get the rundown at the midwife appt on Jan 7. I think most babies grow at their own pace. Could have just been a spurt :) They send a report along. Aside from telling us it was fine and showing us the heartbeat flicker she wasn't allowed to tell us since she was just the tech.

I have a pin that says "please Jesus save me from your followers"

My other half has a Christian friend that buys him holy cds for Christmas and then badgers him to go to mass. My other half likes skulls and stuff lol

Hi! Hope everyone had a good holiday!

10dpo and i thought I would take a test.... I used brand that has not been faulty in the past and tested. A few minutes later, there was a faint line. Used another one of the same brand and one that I got from my doctors office and tested again. Another faint line and the dr. one blank. Thought it was time to brake out one of my digital frer, I was shaking as I took the test... got a NO-. Someone is playing a cruel trick on me. I'm so sick of ttc while in a country that I can't even get a decent test. Frustrated.

On a brighter note, looks like I'll be having several glasses of champagne at new years!

You're not out yet Viet. Test again NYE just to be sure....and if it's neg please have a glass for me. My sister has to move back with us for Jan. Her friend's family kicked her out.... but we gave her a hard deadline.

I actually once talked with my mom about this, can't remember how the conversation got started, but she told me that for her it wasn't a religious decision to circumcise my brother (which I mean, yuck, I didn't want to know anything about my brother's penis). It was the fact that my dad is circumcised (again, can only think about it in abstract because, awkward). I don't know if my dad was because of religious reasons, but my grandma isn't super religious or anything so I don't know...but my parents figured that because my dad was, my brother should be too. They didn't want to make my brother feel weird if he somehow found out that he was different from daddy (which, when I say it like that seems weird? But at the same time, fathers help teach their sons to clean themselves and what not and while I doubt my dad would ever whip it out or something, I can sorta see where they're coming from).

My husband is circumcised, and that's why we're considering if we ever get a bouncing baby boy, to do the same for him.

Babies have died from it, thats enough to turn me off thats for sure never mind the pain. Sorry I cant stand that reason, looks like his dad. Just baffles me. But since we dont cut babies here the topic is alien to me. And funny enough the men arnt diseased ridden as weirdly some believe. If you said circ here you would be looked at like a mad person.

I have (very open and sharing, obviously) male friends who say they feel raped and mutilated because they were circumcised without getting to make that choice. One even told me he had looked into foreskin replacement surgeries in the past. The way I look at it is: Once it's done, it's done. There's no easy going back (or at all). But if it's not done, and my son wants it done as he grows up, then he can make that decision.

But in general, the States are finally catching on, and the rate of uncircumcised males is rising. By the time your son reaches puberty, he probably won't be the only one around who is uncut.

Still, like I said earlier, it's a personal decision. I wouldn't fault someone for doing it or not.

Merry Secular Christmas everybody! I’m going to do a little catch up here. Hope you’re all doing well. I love how active this thread is these days!!!

Mrs. Mabery,
I cannot BELIEVE you’re already at 15 weeks! Seems like just a couple of weeks ago that you got your BFP. Everything going well? Must be if you’re deciding about circumcision! I personally think that there are good and bad arguments on both sides of the debate, and that looking the same as one’s peers can be a good argument, so there’s a bit of damned if you do, damned if you don’t. (And we heathens are damned anyway, so what can we do?? :shrug: :haha: ). I’m 95% certain that OH will not want any boys circumcised in our family, but I’ve given him complete authority over this domain. He has more expertise than I do!

Ginger, I’m sorry to say that I don’t see a line, either. Do you chart? I know it can be a pain, but I really appreciate having some verified knowledge of what’s going on with me.

:hi: Hi Dragon!

Tsy,

So glad your scan went well!:happydance: Sorry you’ve been sick. Hope you get better soon. And sorry that your sister is moving back in. Do you think it helped when she left? :haha:

Viet, sorry your tests jerked you around! :nope: You’re still really early, so I wouldn’t give up hope just yet.

Duckie, that’s a good looking chart you have! When do you test?

Hi to everyone else—Bubbles, BabyRogers, MrsK, Janey, and all others. :hi:

AFM, I still have a bunch of houseguests, but I woke up early so I have a bit of time to check in. It’s been good, but a little stressful. Last night I was head chef for a belated, huge, vegan, Xmas feast. If I may say so myself, it was delicious, but a lot of work, and I might not step in the kitchen again for a while. We got about a foot of snow last night, which is VERY exciting to me! I’m also going to O any day now, so we’re in the BD marathon. This will be my first TWW since August, so I’m excited to have the possibility of another BFP, even though conditions seem less than perfect. I’ve got my pineapple core all ready to go!

Do you ladies view old wives’ tales, like the pineapple thing, the same as you do religion??

:hugs: and :kiss:

I don't test until the third and I'm trying to keep my hopes up without letting them get too high!! That spotting day 6 though looks really good since I never spot in the middle of a cycle...and it really wasnt spotting, it was one spot the size of a pin drop.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone with my answer. I kinda figured it was an open forum and someone was just asking why. That's the reason that I've been given by my mom and I just thought I'd share it.

I have heard about men who do not like that they were circumcised and they feel they were mistreated by not being given a choice and I feel badly for them. On that same token though, I do know many men who were circumcised who do not feel that way at all. I am not pro-circumcision or anti-circumcision and honestly for me, this probably won't be something that I consider strongly until I (hopefully) get pregnant with a boy.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone here, I didn't mean to, just stating an opinion.

Duckie, I don't think anyone was offended. We are also just sharing our beliefs and in the U.S, we are still in the minority. One spot of blood when you don't usually spot sounds promising. Good luck!

Tsy, bummer your sister is moving back in. My mom and her husband are still here. I wish we cold give them a deadline! They did go away for four days over Christmas. It was amazing to have our house to ourselves again!! We have had a few tifs lately about them putting in some more work so that their house shows better. I think we are finally getting thru.

Plb, glad you had a good holiday! How exciting to be trying again. Fx for you!!

Viet, there's still hope. Fx!

Dragonfly, your kids are beautiful.

Ginger, have you tested again?

The plot thickens: Three tests were taken this morning. all had a second line, one very faint, one faint and one light but very clear. I can't remember if I posted here about my false positive last cycle with two tests? None of these are those brands, and all of these were totally blank last cycle. I don't know what to think. I will use my other digital on NYE if AF don't show up. She's due on the 30th.

on another note, thought I would add to the circumcision discussion. I'm not firmly for or against, however we will not cut our child. If I was a young man, I think I would have liked that decision to have been left for me to decide when I was older. The hospital we will be using is Singaporean and the doctor is French, so I'm not even sure if the service will be offered to us. If we have a son and he ants to do it later in life, I will pay for the procedure to be done. Also, since we live abroad and plan to raise our children abroad, being circumcised will leave our son the odd man out and leave him self conscience and different.

Oh Viet. Hold onto that digital for sure. I hope you get your rainbow baby! If you have all those bfp on different brands I'd venture to be positive but I respect your caution. FX for you. Please keep us posted!!!

What she said!

Seriously, that sounds promising, Viet!!!! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"