Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Thanks GingerPanda, I'm now 18 days late. As for the BC messing up my cycle I hadn't even come off it properly, I was on my usual 7 day break but not planning on starting my next pack. I've been on BC for 11 years and have never even been more than a few hours later or earlier than expected! Also with regards to late bfp, I know it's not really common and don't want to get my hopes up too high (difficult with all my symptoms!) but along with my docs advice I also know some people who didn't get a bfp until 8+ weeks. All together a confusing situation so stuck waiting for bfp or next af.

11 years! Wow! I am willing to bet that it is the BC messing with your cycle. Not to discredit your symptoms, but read a TWW forum thead. Our bodies are AMAZING at producing symptoms! I used to not even be able to get my period until I took an HPT, and when it was negative my period would start within the hour. Crazy! I've been nauseous, food aversion, strange cravings for food I hate, metallic taste in my mouth, bloat, gas's, frequent urination, and more... And I've never been pregnant.

I hope your symptoms are real! But keep your head up if they aren't. There is tons of support here! :hugs:

Side note: Has anyone noticed how every time someone posts an HPT pic in that thread, everyone ALWAYS sees a line, even though the test is obviously negative, and of course the woman will end up getting AF after everyone has gotten the poor woman's hopes up! I'm afraid to post my own pics if I ever need an opinion!

Just got out of my doctor's appointment. He says if I'm not pregnant by the end of March, they'll start fertility testing.

AF was due yesterday, but it didn't come. I expected it to be late though because I O'd two days later than usual this cycle. Despite knowing this, I still got a little excited that it didn't come so I tested this morning and BFN. I was prepared for that so it wasn't too upsetting. I usually spot a lot before AF. I started a couple of days ago, but it has been very light. Maybe that's a good sign. I haven't been too hopeful about this cycle so I don't want to start now only to be disappointed.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

AF was due yesterday, but it didn't come. I expected it to be late though because I O'd two days later than usual this cycle. Despite knowing this, I still got a little excited that it didn't come so I tested this morning and BFN. I was prepared for that so it wasn't too upsetting. I usually spot a lot before AF. I started a couple of days ago, but it has been very light. Maybe that's a good sign. I haven't been too hopeful about this cycle so I don't want to start now only to be disappointed.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

OMG, :test: :test: :test:!!!

I'll probably keep testing until I get AF. I've just been using Internet cheapies. I have one EPT that I'll use if I see any faint lines.

Hey Pbl...still waiting to see what my crazy confused cycle is up to!

How are you?

Oooooh, and let's talk holidays! That's a fun topic for heathens! :haha:

We're hosting family members for the first time in my life, so I'm excited. We're not big on decorating, but I love the pretty lights and the smell of real trees, so I'll put some stuff up. I've never been clear on how Santa and Christmas trees relate to Jesus, so I choose to ignore any connection. (Historians say that early Christians just appropriated the Pagan solstice celebration, which I'm happy to celebrate with these random cultural trappings). So, we'll get a tree, throw some ornaments and lights on it, and give fun stuff to each other. A substantial portion of my family gets charitable donations given in their name (any suggestions for this year?). So it's a Very Secular Christmas Celebration!

And now for BnB's holiday-themed emoticons:
:xmas6::xmas6::xmas9::xmas9::xmas7::xmas7::xmas8::xmas8:

What does everyone else do?

Xposted, Bubbles! I hope that this cycle will be more normal for you--I'll keep everything crossed but my legs (new motto! :rofl:). Any signs of O yet?

AFM, AF came after my We Blew It cycle, so I've warned OH that the BD will be early and often this month. He did not seem displeased. I AM kind of glad that I'll be able to have as many delicious holiday cocktails as I want this year. And the thought has crossed my mind that, if I'm being optimistic, this will be the last Xmas without a pregnant belly or a kid. :blush: Maybe it's stupid to tell myself that.

Ha ha excellent motto, I used the very same myself on the forum recently!

No signs of O at all, expecting the cycle to be even more messed up than usual due to the loss, but would've liked to have been pleasantly surprised by my body being kick started back to normal! Probably a good job there's no sign of O though as there's no sign of any BD for my irritating DH who's currently in the dog house, and goes away for a few days with work tomorrow. I was totally expecting O to typically occur slap bang in the middle of when he was away, but no sign yet, I had EWCM for several days before last time with the grapefruit juice, so would've thought it would go that way again this time.

Kinda thinking the same myself about it potentially being my last kid or bump free Christmas, but not that big a fan of Christmas or drinking lately anyway so it's a waste! Also just had my ankle surgery so feeling very sorry for mysel back on crutches. I'm trying to stay optimistic and hope we conceive successfully soon, but it's getting closer to possibly ending up with a Christmas baby next year which I wanted to avoid!

Haha. I like that motto!

Bubbles, I know what you mean about avoiding an Xmas baby. I had the same idea when we started trying in June. I'd be happy with any birthday at this point. I am also hoping this will be the last kid or bump free Christmas for us all!

I generally like Christmas and enjoy decorating the house. I think your right Plb about early Christians appropriating Pagan solstice beliefs. I don't focus much on the religious aspect of the holiday. I love that your family gives to charity in lieu of gifts. We are doing the same thing with my husbands extended family this year. Instead of a swap we are all going to make donations to charities and tell each about the organizations we gave to.

Well, I'm on CD2 today. AF came yesterday as expected. Looking forward to relaxing this cycle. Trying not to obsess so much about it. I think I will try drinking grapefruit juice though as I don't always get EWCM. Bubbles, when do you start drinking it?

Bubbles, I hope DH has smartened up and is out of the doghouse (it's always thier fault right :)) Mine has been especially irritating this weekend too. We can't agree on paint colors, my mother and her husband are still living with us and the witch came. I was surprised at how upset he was this time around. He has been so positive the whole time.

Hi! this weekend was awesome, we took a much needed 4 day beach hoilday and had such a good time. I thought I might O while we were there, but so far no rise in temp. We are BDing a lot which is nice and having a good time. I feel like there is no pressure this cycle because we're taking it "off."

Funny thing though, I had a strange stabbing pain in might right ovary on and off for three days. Yesterday it was less and today it's pretty much gone. Wondering if I'm Oing today and that was a really mature egg hanging off? Or do you think it might be a cyst and I need to have it checked out?

I still celebrate Christmas too, it has always and will always be my favourite holiday. To me it's about giving and family and friends.

forgot to mention out Christmas plans! We live in a very un-Christmasy place, and this year, like the last 5 or so we plan to exchange a few girts and meet up with friends to celebrate. It will be particularly low key as we work all weekend, the day before and the day after.

I really have no interest in Christmas, it annoys me how in your face it is for months before hand, and I hate feeling the pressure to buy things for people when I have no idea what to get. We're struggling financially this year with it being a few months after our wedding, so it just feels like a massive expense we could do without. Struggling to get about since my surgery, so all the visits are going to be a chore. Christmas should be about kids and family, I don't have any kids and won't be announcing my pregnancy to family Christmas Day as planned, Christmas Eve is the second anniversary of when we lost my Nanna, my dad is no longer with us as we lost him two years ago in a hotel fire, and my best friend who I did everything with at Christmas was killed in a car accident a few weeks before Christmas and missed his first niece being born in January.

So I'm a bit bah humbug, Christmas just seems to be a reminder of everything my family has lost, and makes it even more obvious that important people are no longer with us to celebrate.

I'm really hoping I can get back into it all when I have kids of my own.

Viet, so glad you were able to get a weekend away! I get light pains in my ovaries every cycle. I didn't notice it when I had a cyst, but I was still on bcp when I had it removed. Now I feel it every month. My dr. says it could be scar tissue on the left ovary, but I do feel it on the right sometimes too. When's the last time you had an ultrasound? It's probably just mittelshmertz (sp.?)

Bubbles, so sorry for all the losses you've experienced around Christmas. I can understand why it's such a hard time of year.

Sorry for your losses, Bubbles. Everyone in my family dies around Christmas and New Years, too, just not usually so tragically. :hugs:

Everybody make sure to put up a tree! It's an old pagan symbol of male fertility. Guess what the balls and garland represent! Who knows, maybe it's the luck we need.

I found this particularly amusing to get to remind people on a TTC board, rather than just pissing off my family on Facebook.

:xmas16: = :spermy:

Thanks for the tip panda, this is the first time I've been remotely interested in putting a tree up! :)

Bubbles - Sorry for all your losses, no wonder you don't feel like celebrating this year. :hugs: My husband and I totally agree, it really is a kid holiday and we plan to do it up big when we have a family, but right now we just don't see the point.

Sbmack - It was such a strange pain, it really hurt when I sat down. I honestly thought it might be my appendix, but the pain was really low, and on the right, must have been my ovary. I've never experienced this pain before. Now it's gone and my temp is up, so I think it must have had to do with ovulation? I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Hi All! Lots going on with this thread. Makes me sooooooooooo happy. :cloud9:

Janey—Any news? Did the :witch: ever show? So exciting that your wedding is coming up!

Mrs.Mabrey—Glad things are going well for you. I too LOVE the spoilers, and would like to give you huge hugs and thanks for using them! :hugs: kiss: :hugs: :kiss:

(Another opportunity to employ them here:)
Tsy –
When is your first scan???:happydance:

Viet -- I had the weird pain in what I think was my ovaries for a while. It’s gone now. :thumbup: I did get a scan, and they told me later it looked like I had a cyst. Apparently these are totally normal every now and then, and almost always resolve on their own. FX that’s what’s going on with you. Hope you caught that egg!!!!

Speaking of ccatching an egg, GO BABYROGERS, GO!!!!!! :dust: :dust: :dust: Hope you enjoy your holiday, too. My favorites is Thanksgiving, despite the horrible genocidal history behind it. I like that it’s nonreligious and you don’t have to buy crap. Instead you spend days cooking (one of my favorite things to do), then stuff your face with delicious food, hopefully in the presence of people you care about. :haha:

Bubbles, gosh I’m so sorry Xmas has such terrible connotations for you! :hugs: No wonder you’re bah humbug. Also sorry to hear you just had surgery. How did it go? I’ll check out your journal (I JUST notice you have one now!) for more info. Hope that stupid O comes soon, and that OH straightens out, apologizes profusely, and buys you flowers in time to fulfill his duty!!! :grr: :grr: :grr: Do you think I stole that motto from you?? I don’t think I read it anywhere, but it is the sort of thing one might inadvertently plagiarize. :blush:

Ginger – LOVE the bit about garlands, ornaments, and man parts. :rofl: :rofl: Do you have a source for all that? I’d love to read more! You must be getting ready to O, too! Wouldn’t it be fabulous for us heathens to get a whole bunch of Xmas BFPs?!?!? We haven’t put up a tree yet, as we’ve been installing new hardwood floors in the room that will get the tree. Later this week, I think.

SB, how long are your cycles? Sounds like we could be cycle buddies!!! Sorry about AF, though. :hugs:

AFM, I finished grading for all my classes today!!! :happydance: Now I just have to deal with a few emails from students griping about grades (some of them are really unbelievable), and I’m done! I still have a bunch of my own work to do over the break, but it’s nice to have a breather from classes for a few weeks.

I do wish I knew when I was going to O, though. Based on my few months' tracking, it seems like I can expect it anywhere from CD12 to CD22. Very annoying. Oh well, lots of BD in our future! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->