Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Hey ladies. My scan is Wednesday. I'll worry less once I hear a heart beat. I'm not decorating until after. I just can't muster up the mood.

I have a similar thing to bubbles except connected to life events. My first big job was an internship abroad and enroute I found out my cousin was in a bad accident. within a month of my next big job my brother had an accident on the job site. Then I get my current job and my other cousin died in a gas explosion. And the week we got the bfp my Nana passed away. So I've learned all big things come with a price. Oh! And we decided to elope and my step dad had a stroke and heart attack and is now waiting for long term care. Just before I moved away he got sick the first time then when dh and i started dating and I was moving my step dad got sick again. So yeah. My good karma seems to negatively affect my family.

So yeah I hate being a downer but all the good news for me comes at a price.

:hugs:

I figured out the code on my phone. I didn't log in on my comp for awhile or I would have put my spoiler up sooner.

Hmmm, thinking I Oed yesterday.... Had a temp rise and all that jazz. We may have done the deed right on time...O-3,O-2,O and O+1. Hoping this is it. My strange pain is totally gone.

FX for you Viet!!! When could you test? New Year's eve?

Ohhh! I hadn't even thought about when to test yet... I guess New Years it would be. That is if I O'ed. This is my first cycle without any acu or herbs, so I'm hoping that this was it...CD 20 is really early for me. We shall see. I hope I would know by new years... i usually drink heavily at new years... it would be a shame to have to stop that tradition and then not even be pg!

Gingerpanda, thanks for the link. I should O right around Christmas. It's a good thing I have a tree up!

Plb, my cycles are usually 26 days. Do you use OPK's? How frusterating to not O around the same time. You have a good attitude though...lots of fun bd'ing. You mentioned grading in your last post. What do you teach?

Tsy, good luck with the scan. How awful that all your good news is marked by tragedy. Hopefully that coincidence has past. Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months!!

Viet, good luck this cycle! I hadn't even thought about new years. If I O on schedule, I'll be 5dpo. I'll still have a few drinks probably but I'll have to keep myself in check.

I am 5DPO right now. The past three nights have been nothing but vivid weird pregnancy dreams. I've also been having this weird twinge feeling feeling in the right side of my abdomen this afternoon. Almost like a light tugging. It feels really weird. In short, everything is weird for me right now. I can't even take a bath without my glasses because I'm feeling motion sick. The car ride to Louisville tonight is going to suck with all the bright lights. I feel hungover. 5DPO seems way too early to be symptom-spotting. Maybe I'm just getting sick. Or maybe I need new glasses. Probably both. My nose and throat have been dry and swollen these past two mornings when I woke up. But I have been sleeping like a rock!

Got my cross hairs! 3dpo. Trying not to get too excited. Going to try to stay calm until after Christmas.

I talked to a NP at my doctors office yesterday and she said because I have had some issues (a cyst removed, reoccurring bv, spotting and fibroids) they will start fertility testing early. I am very happy to hear this. I will make an appt. after Christmas. Hopefully, I won't have to wait too long.

I talked to a NP at my doctors office yesterday and she said because I have had some issues (a cyst removed, reoccurring bv, spotting and fibroids) they will start fertility testing early. I am very happy to hear this. I will make an appt. after Christmas. Hopefully, I won't have to wait too long.

Fingers crossed that everything turns out for the best! May the Flying Spaghetti Monster bless you with his noodly appendage.

Happy Birthday to Issac Newton! axle tilt is the reason for the season :flower:

Love it!

12dpo today. Last night and this morning's tests were :bfn:. Yesterday morning I must have gotten a wicked evap or something, because I swear I can see it even in my photos, but meh.

Here's a link to that thread if you're interested: "No one with line eye allowed! (lol)"

Not feeling very hopeful this morning. :nope:

So I have a serious question. My husband really, really wants our baby circumcised should it be a boy...I am neither for nor against it except for the fact that it does have some medical benefits. I wondered what you ladies feel about it because it is such a religious practice.

So I have a serious question. My husband really, really wants our baby circumcised should it be a boy...I am neither for nor against it except for the fact that it does have some medical benefits. I wondered what you ladies feel about it because it is such a religious practice.

Did you ever locate this thread in the pregnancy forums? There was a lot of talk about this, and I had found a bunch of great links. I am ambivalent about this, and had come to the conclusion that OH gets to make the ultimate decision in our family. He's not sure how he'll decide yet. I do think it depends where you live. Well, perhaps where you WILL live when the little dude goes through puberty.

Good question.

How was that scan, Tsy?

DH is not circumcised, and we will not have our sons circumcised, but I think it's just personal preference. I would never be able to forgive myself for putting a baby through that pain for a useless cosmetic procedure. Pretty much all the bad "medical disadvantages" are things that can happen due to poor hygiene. Which, I mean, gross. If you're going to have a son, I would think you should teach him to clean himself whether or not he's cut.

Plus, I like that DH is uncircumcised. It makes him more sensitive! :winkwink:

We dont do it here in Ireland and the men are fine. To be blunt it disgusts me.

Welcome, Dragonfly!

And yes, I would have to agree. Irish men are VERY fine! Heheh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->