Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Thanks!

And sorry for the long rant! I'm still pretty upset about the whole thing...

Welcome, Hannibal! Your symptoms sound promising.

Bubbles!!! Congratulations!

I'm 8dpo today. Trying not to symptom spot. I haven't spotted yet so that's s good thing for me. I usually start 5-7dpo. I had a little at 2dpo, but I think it was due to bd'ing.

Thanks Sbmack!

Are you having any CM at all other than after BD'ing? I normally have CM everyday but have been dry for the last 3 days (apart from a tiny bit of pink on my finger at 8dpo which I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't been looking).

I usually have cm everyday too. Not at all today though.

Viet, sorry you had such a bad experience. That dr. sounds awful. Maybe she can't read ultrasounds good.

Viet that is horrible. Clearly she doesn't have much if any OB training. Yeah early ultrasounds are hard and if you tested and its as dark I'd say hold out for the blood work or better Dr... or both. Esp if they know your history. Dark lines are pos!!!! I hope Monday goes better. And your temps are still up so it's all pointing to good things IMO.

Fx for you. Keep us posted.

Really sorry to hear about your experience Viet, that's not what you want to happen especially in your delicate state of mind! Everything is looking good for you though with your temps and tests, so hopefully this little one is here to stay. Sounds like you know much better than that doctor anyway, hope you have a more positive experience next time!

Boy this thread has been HOPPIN'!!!

Viet, that sounds like a pretty terrible doctor. :hugs: I really hope that you and Bubbles have sticky beans this time! Congrats!

Tsy, the second trimester is supposed to be the time of joy and glow and etc., so I hope you'll start feeling better about this soon. I definitely understand that it's not all elation. After a loss, none of this is much fun at all, and part of me dreads another BFP. I also sometimes worry that I'm too focused on this process, and less on what comes after. I'm pretty excited about being pregnant (although I will desperately miss delicious adult beverages), and I'm pretty excited about having a little baby, but frankly I'm having a hard time getting myself excited about the kid stage. Most kids just seem loud and annoying. My friends promise me that it's totally different when they're your own, and that they ease you into the running around the house screaming phase. But I tend to be very goal-oriented so I worry that I'm fixating on the BFP as an achievable--the early failure just makes me more determined, possibly for all the wrong reasons. We've had friends describe parenting as 49% of the time the most maddening, terrifying thing they've ever done, and 51% of the time the most rewarding, joyous experience of their lives. Those aren't great numbers.

Anyway, I'm not sure any of that is relevant to you, but I thought I'd get it off my chest, since we're sharing.

I'm 7 dpo today, haven't been sleeping well, cranky as all get out, and my boobs hurt like a mofo. I doubt these are symptoms, I just feel icky.

Blech.

Hope you all are in a better mood than me. :hugs:

Article of interest from "the paper of record."
https://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/06/opinion/sunday/the-blessings-of-atheism.html?src=me&ref=general

So I caught the doctor in a much better mood today when I called for my blood results. My beta was 205 and she seemed totally satisfied with this number and rather than doing follow up bloods on monday, she wants to see me for another ultrasound on Friday. She thinks my dates might be off (I temp, so don't really think they could be, but late implantation or a slow grower could be to blame) and we'll see whats up on friday. For now I'm happy to report no bleeding and pretty much no symptoms.

Thanks for all the support!

pbl: I relate to so much to what you wrote above. I feel like the whole ttc process totally took the fun out of having a baby. It also started to feel like a two lines on a test was the goal, when in fact a baby is the goal of all this. It's very overwhelming now that I am pregnant and I sort of don't know what to do now. Like you, I'm really excited for a baby and can totally picture wearing it in a sling, breastfeeding, long nights, singing, playing with it and holding it, but it gets a little fuzzy when I start thinking about having a kid. I start feeling panicy that we aren't ready to make education decisions and savings plans... it all seems very grown up! I mean, we're only 28! What are we thinking having a baby!!!!

I guess it will all work it's self out and come together on its own. I have to remind myself that we have good jobs, a home and a strong relationship. We have a full savings account and steady incomes. We're 28 and have traveled/lived around the world and seen so much, we're ready for this and can do it. I think there are doubts that go through pregnant women's minds about being ready for children whether you're 15 and going to be a single mom, or 40 and have gone 6 years of ttc and IVF to get your bfp.

Sorry for the long rant... I guess the bottom line is that I'm scared and excited and my stomach is doing flip flops. I think something would have to be wrong with you if you were totally cool as a cucumber through this whole journey!

Feeling exactly the same Viet! I worry about so much but then go back to taking it one day at a time still for the pregnancy!
I'm nervous that I can't really plan ahead like I like to do, I'd like to start buying a few things so we're prepared, but I don't want to buy anything until I'm convinced things will turn out ok.

I'm so happy for all you pregnant heathens!!!

I'm 10dpo today. Had the tiniest bit of spotting yesterday, but it went right away. Testing on the 10th (my birthday) if the witch doesn't come.

I'm so happy for all you pregnant heathens!!!

I'm 10dpo today. Had the tiniest bit of spotting yesterday, but it went right away. Testing on the 10th (my birthday) if the witch doesn't come.

Spotting sounds promising! Good luck with the testing, what a lovely birthday prezzie that would be!

Agreed! That would be an awesome birthday present! Fingers crossed!

As for me, still some very light brown-tinted CM, but no AF. Why must bodies be so confusing?

Unfortunately I'm a serial spotter and started spotting again today. That's usually how it goes every month. Just a bit, then a little more, then full on spotting, then AF. A girl in my spotting thread just got a BFP after four days of spotting so I guess I'm not out till I'm out.

Ginger, what DPO are you?

Oh goodness. I got a positive OPK 25 days ago on CD10. I don't think I ovulated till a couple of days after that, though. I don't temp, so my best guess is 20-25DPO. I haven't tested since the 3rd, when AF was due. I got a BFN (I think. I kept thinking I saw the faintest line, but couldn't tell if it had color), and an hour later I started having watery brown-tinted CM. I thought it was AF. I'm still having the watery CM, but the brown is either very light, or not there when I wipe. Sometimes I will run to the bathroom thinking AF has started in force, but it's just CM. :dohh:

There was never any red.

Oh goodness. I got a positive OPK 25 days ago on CD10. I don't think I ovulated till a couple of days after that, though. I don't temp, so my best guess is 20-25DPO. I haven't tested since the 3rd, when AF was due. I got a BFN (I think. I kept thinking I saw the faintest line, but couldn't tell if it had color), and an hour later I started having watery brown-tinted CM. I thought it was AF. I'm still having the watery CM, but the brown is either very light, or not there when I wipe. Sometimes I will run to the bathroom thinking AF has started in force, but it's just CM. :dohh:

There was never any red.

oh yes, I remember the posts about the tests. I'd be going crazy and testing everyday. FX for you!!!

There was never any red.

OMFG :test: :test: :test:!!!

For what it's worth, I had lots of CM when I got the bfp. It felt like that for me too, like AF was coming but it was just CM.

Good Luck.

Are you ladies suggesting I go out and spend more money enabling my POAS addiction?!

Well, I won't be one to argue! I'm taking out the trash to the community dumpsters, and there just so happens to be a Dollar Tree at the end of my road. I'm just paranoid about testing with middle-of-the-day urine. Especially since I got a BFN on Jan 3rd with FMU.

We MIGHT be able to wait until tomorrow am, but no promises. Maybe you should just not pee for a few hours. Close enough, right?

Bah, I have to pee at least once an hour these days. It's like asking the sun not to shine! :haha:

Okay, the only thing I have had to drink today was one cup of coffee at about 7am. I have already gone since then, but I will start holding it now (it's 12:10), and try to test around 2 or 3 if I can hold it that long. Cheesus, I feel like I have to pee already just thinking about holding it. :dohh:

Hello ladies!

How are we all getting on?

GingerPanda - your news sounds promising FX'd for you!

Still no sign of my AF showing up yet, a few more symptoms for me is that I am constantly tired, but when I go to bed I can't sleep! I lay there for hours! When I do finally drop off I wake up a few hours later and am wide awake! Then when I go to bed I'm really tired again and think 'I'll definitely sleep tonight', but don't! Grrrr
Also, I felt really car sick yesterday, and my bb's are hurting quite a bit.

If I am pregnant, I think I would get a + on the tests by now. But I am a BFN phobe, so, I'm going to stick it out and wait until Thursday. Even though I have those 2 brand new FRER's just sitting there... in my draw... right there... NO I said, NO!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->