Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Holy crap Bubbles! That chart is amazing! FX for you (because that's scientific right?)

And the only time Holy, God or Jesus come in for me is when I'm swearing.... And I have a very religious friend who sent out an email asking for prayers for her pastor because he has a brain tumor. I said I'm not the praying kind but I'll keep send some positive thoughts that way... and she said 'I know you're not the praying kind, positive thoughts are just as welcome'. I really love her, she's my only religious friend who respects that I'm not. Even my family doesn't get it.

But yes, all that nonesense about prayers and god in the other threads irks me.

I'm currently knocked up, 12 weeks, but these lovely ladies let me hang out here still... cause they're awesome like that.

The thread I'm on for July babies is not super full of Jesus freaks thankfully. I mean we get some who say 'praying for ya' when someone is sick or bleeding... but it's not overwhelming thankfully.

MrsM from this thread and I tried to get this thread going again in the preggo forum but it's just us for now, so since I'm allowed to say here I will... maybe if Bubbles gets a sticky bean this time round we can try again.

And that whole 'gender scan' thing on the July thread is driving me nuts. I keep my comments to myself from saying essentially what you all have... it's a sex scan nothing more. If my kid figures out that they're somewhere on the LGBTTIQQ2SA rainbow we're fine with that. I totally plan on taking my kid to Pride activities up here. I want them to know that it's all ok and that Love is Love.

Also I have to share this. I'm sure some of you may have seen it on FB or Twitter....but I've laughed everytime I see it... and it's on my on damn wall LOL

(Ginger you may especially like it)

Attachments

• Grumpy Cat and JC.jpg
    Grumpy Cat and JC.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 5
14dpo, been getting positive tests since 11dpo but being very cautious at the moment due to an early loss last cycle.

Oh wow Congratulations!!!!! That's great news! :p

I'm sorry for you loss though. :hugs: I also had an early loss last cycle, I MC at 5 weeks (3 days after I got my BFP) on Dec 7th, thought I'd wait a month for my next AF but when I discovered I was O'g 2 weeks after the MC I thought what the heck and here I am!

I thought I'd try not to SS and get too excited this month but it's not working. I definitely am not going to test until I'm late this time though.

Congratulations again! Hopefully this little one will stick! :happydance:[/QUOTE]

Thanks chick!

Sorry for your loss too, my situation was very similar last cycle, got my BFP at 16dpo, then lost it 3 days later on December 2nd. I'd been having long irregular cycles so thought it'd be a long time before I would O again and that it would mess my cycle up even more. It seems to have kicked it back into sync though, I ovulated again within 3 weeks from the start of the loss and looks like we caught it, and don't want to tempt fate but I'm feeling more positive this time after a big implantation dip on my chart, and stronger BFPs showing from 5 days earlier than last time. Still not even due AF for another 3 days though so not shouting it from the rooftops just yet!

Thanks Tsy, will hopefully be brave enough to join you guys soon!

Lots of :dust: for everyone! This thread needs a BFP!

Does mine not count?! How about with some pics?!

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/02D57BDB-3076-4B11-A0B4-B0A4E8C35B19-10806-00000D2BC5366737.jpg

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/132FB281-9982-4B78-B572-A1E5687B0E79-10806-00000D2BCFFD8ABE.jpg

I sure hope those count!!! The next day getting darker AND your digi showing up, please... those are SOOOOO BFP ;)

And take all the time you need Bubbles, I'm about to enter the second tri on Tuesday... and I'm still not shouting from the roof tops.... so take all the time in the world to be comfortable. I was a good 2 weeks before I started really posting in the expecting threads, and still I only have a few that I keep to.

I hate the thought I might just be so worried and nervous through the whole thing, pregnancy is meant to be exciting and happy!

Not sure if I've missed it but have you had your scan yet?

14dpo, been getting positive tests since 11dpo but being very cautious at the moment due to an early loss last cycle.

I'm sorry for you loss though. :hugs: I also had an early loss last cycle, I MC at 5 weeks (3 days after I got my BFP) on Dec 7th, thought I'd wait a month for my next AF but when I discovered I was O'g 2 weeks after the MC I thought what the heck and here I am!

I thought I'd try not to SS and get too excited this month but it's not working. I definitely am not going to test until I'm late this time though.
Congratulations again! Hopefully this little one will stick! :happydance:

Thanks chick!

Sorry for your loss too, my situation was very similar last cycle, got my BFP at 16dpo, then lost it 3 days later on December 2nd. I'd been having long irregular cycles so thought it'd be a long time before I would O again and that it would mess my cycle up even more. It seems to have kicked it back into sync though, I ovulated again within 3 weeks from the start of the loss and looks like we caught it, and don't want to tempt fate but I'm feeling more positive this time after a big implantation dip on my chart, and stronger BFPs showing from 5 days earlier than last time. Still not even due AF for another 3 days though so not shouting it from the rooftops just yet![/QUOTE]

Wow it seems we are in a very similar situation! We must have had our + and our MC's the same week. :hugs:

It's such great news that you've got BFP so soon after! And your AF isn't even due for another 3 days so that's fantastic that you have a + so soon! They say you are more fertile a couple of months after MC so you certainly were! :p

I hope I am the same as you this month and we can be atheist bump buddies! :happydance:

Lots of :dust: for everyone! This thread needs a BFP!

Does mine not count?! How about with some pics?!

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/02D57BDB-3076-4B11-A0B4-B0A4E8C35B19-10806-00000D2BC5366737.jpg

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/132FB281-9982-4B78-B572-A1E5687B0E79-10806-00000D2BCFFD8ABE.jpg

Errr. WOW!!! They really are big FAT strong positives! :yipee:

Congratulations again! Hopefully this little one will stick! :happydance:

Thanks chick!

Sorry for your loss too, my situation was very similar last cycle, got my BFP at 16dpo, then lost it 3 days later on December 2nd. I'd been having long irregular cycles so thought it'd be a long time before I would O again and that it would mess my cycle up even more. It seems to have kicked it back into sync though, I ovulated again within 3 weeks from the start of the loss and looks like we caught it, and don't want to tempt fate but I'm feeling more positive this time after a big implantation dip on my chart, and stronger BFPs showing from 5 days earlier than last time. Still not even due AF for another 3 days though so not shouting it from the rooftops just yet!

Wow it seems we are in a very similar situation! We must have had our + and our MC's the same week. :hugs:

It's such great news that you've got BFP so soon after! And your AF isn't even due for another 3 days so that's fantastic that you have a + so soon! They say you are more fertile a couple of months after MC so you certainly were! :p

I hope I am the same as you this month and we can be atheist bump buddies! :happydance:[/QUOTE]

Atheist bump buddies would be awesome, fingers crossed you'll be there very soon!

I wasn't sure about trying again so soon but kept reading the same thing about being supposedly more fertile after a loss and didn't want to risk missing that chance, we've been so lucky and hopefully that luck will stay with us this time.

It sounds like it was all going wrong for us around the same time, it was an awful time especially so close to Christmas, as we has decided to tell my mum the news on Christmas Day if things were still ok then. So we ended up spending Christmas sad about what should've been, but turns out we were already expecting again by then we just didn't know!

I hate the thought I might just be so worried and nervous through the whole thing, pregnancy is meant to be exciting and happy!

I don't like being so worried, or not excited at least. But maybe that's just me. I'm told I may get more excited as I move out of this barfy phase and into the next tri. We'll see.

We had our scan on Dec 19th. Everything is fine, they pushed my due date a week ahead because the little жабка (Zhabka or 'tiny frog' in Ukrainian) is measuring big.

I thought that would be my moment of 'oh wow this is happening' but it wasn't. I was relieved things were ok, but still not overwhelmed yet. I always assumed after trying for a year that when the bfp came I'd be over the moon. and I was happy but not in the way I expected. So now I feel guilty for not being so happy after trying for the year, I feel guilty that I feel so crappy and not enjoying every moment of my pregnancy and all that guilt makes me despise my Catholic upbringing even more!!!!

*sigh* Sorry that's likely not all the drama you wanted when you asked if I'd had the scan yet :wacko:

I don't like being so worried, or not excited at least. But maybe that's just me. I'm told I may get more excited as I move out of this barfy phase and into the next tri. We'll see.

We had our scan on Dec 19th. Everything is fine, they pushed my due date a week ahead because the little жабка (Zhabka or 'tiny frog' in Ukrainian) is measuring big.

I thought that would be my moment of 'oh wow this is happening' but it wasn't. I was relieved things were ok, but still not overwhelmed yet. I always assumed after trying for a year that when the bfp came I'd be over the moon. and I was happy but not in the way I expected. So now I feel guilty for not being so happy after trying for the year, I feel guilty that I feel so crappy and not enjoying every moment of my pregnancy and all that guilt makes me despise my Catholic upbringing even more!!!!

*sigh* Sorry that's likely not all the drama you wanted when you asked if I'd had the scan yet :wacko:

No worries chick, feel free to vent away that's what we're all here for. I think I'm going to be the same way, I'm kind of a pessimistic/negative person anyway, I seem to expect the worst seeing as it often seems to happen to me! Hopefully things will start to get easier and happier for you soon.

It counts! It counts~! :flower:

I meant that we need more! Those lines are beautiful, by the way. I think it's neat how the UK has the digis that give weeks on them. I've never seen those here in the US. They just say "pregnant", or in my case "not pregnant".

We def need more! Ah you really can't get them at all over there? We're normally way behind you guys with stuff like that! I don't think they're been here that long, but I've heard they're not always that accurate anyway.

That might be why they aren't here. The FDA is pretty strict on stuff having to at least be mostly accurate for stuff that's supposed to be diagnostic. The things like the "Intelligender" test thing are usually marketed as novelty items, so they can be sold.

Bubbles: Woot woot! So excited for you!

Tsy: Glad everything is going well for you!

AFM, I got my BFP about 10 days ago. Watched my tests slowly fade in day by day. I started posting in a September Babies thread and everyone was going mad over their Beta tests and all that. So i decided I wanted to hop on the wagon and made an appointment. Rather than seeing the AWESOME (but really expensive) doctor that I saw post miscarriage, I went with the cheaper local doctor at my hospital. I figured I was just getting some blood work done, so what difference would it make?

First off the doctor was super unfriendly. She questioned how I could know my Ovulation date and even though I gave her all the dates didn't seem to believe me (she didn't seem to know what temping and charting was) Her English was pretty bad, she understood everything I said but her pronunciation was so bad it was hard to understand anything she said. She seemed really P.O.ed that I had seen the other doctor before, and did a weird questioning as to why I was taking aspirin that he prescribed (because I haven't have 3 or more mc) and if he had told me to continue taking it while pg. Wait a minute... you're the doctor, shouldn't you tell me what to do?

She asked me if I had taken a urine test and I laughed and told her I had taken about 40. She looked sternly and asked why I would ever do that, you only need one to see you're pregnant. I got such a bad vibe from her, but I chalked it up to the language barrier and when she suggested an ultrasound, I got excited and agreed.

She gave me the ultrasound herself and look a minute to look around and check my tubes. Took the thing out and announced that I was not pg. There was no six week sac to be seen. WHAT? I had given her all the dates and told her I was only 4 weeks... so stupid! She told me that there needs to be two lines on a test for it to be positive. And that was that. She took my blood and told me she would call me Saturday afternoon with the results but that I wasn't pg. She never called me with the numbers and by the time I tried, the office was already closed.

I haven't taken a pg test in a few days, but thought i would this morning... the line is almost as dark as the control line. I've never had tests so dark.

I'm thinking it was just too early to see on the ultrasound (I've read it can take up to 5 weeks before anything can be seen) and it's also time I suck it up and pay more for better service. I felt so defeated after the whole experience. I guess I will call first thing monday morning and hopefully my Beta was normal and I can head in Monday afternoon for a follow up blood test.

Ugh! What a nasty, awful doctor! Sorry you had that experience! :hugs:

Wow that doctor sounds horrible vietmamsie. Sorry. Hope everything is alright but the dark test line sounds promising

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->