Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Haha!

But... they're so tempting in their little foil packages...!

I swear.

I'm going out only at hours where my DH is at work... wandering into shady, dirty dollar stores looking for cheap tests... Buying some of the "good stuff" every once in a while... Hoarding tests in secret stashes around the house where DH won't find them...

TTC is like a bad drug habit.

Haha!

But... they're so tempting in their little foil packages...!

Stop it. STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grr: NOOOOooooooooooooo

Hang on... now I think they're calling to me...

Must. Resist. Temptation.

Just as well I don't need a wee right now!!!

:rofl:

Sometimes I will see them and think, "No! I can't take one! Aww, but look at the shiny package! All perfectly sealed! No one has probably ever laid eyes on that test before... I bet the screen is perfect white, just waiting to give me my BFP... I'll take it out of the package. JUST TO LOOK AT IT! I won't take it! ..... Aww, yeah. It's so nice. Ready to tell me the answer to the biggest question in my life... What the hell. I'm taking it."

I swear.

I'm going out only at hours where my DH is at work... wandering into shady, dirty dollar stores looking for cheap tests... Buying some of the "good stuff" every once in a while... Hoarding tests in secret stashes around the house where DH won't find them...

TTC is like a bad drug habit.

I know what you mean. The glances over the shoulder in the store when you think someone is looking... the rush to the counter so you can stuff it into your bag before anyone notices. :ninja: Keeping your little secret from your loved ones...

The sock draw. The sock draw is by far the best place to hide them. But not just with your normal socks... no. The big fluffy thick ones that are worn in bed on cold nights... those are the best type to help hide our naughty little secret stashes... :shhh:

LOL

I always get so embarrassed buying them in the store because I look a lot younger than I am. One time I was buying some, and the lady at the register started talking about how getting pregnant as a teenager wasn't part of "God's plan" for me, and that I should have waited until marriage. But that this was my punishment, or something like that. Then she made the sign of the cross at me.

Uh, hello! I'm 23, and I've been married for 4 years!

I had a lady see my wedding rings at work once, and she asked me if it was a really fancy promise ring from my boyfriend. I asked her how old she thought I was, and she said 16! :rofl:

On the flipside, I was buying a thing of Legos at ToysRUs once, and the lady asked me how old my son was. I gave her a nervous smile and said "Oh... He's five..." Then I went home. And I played with the Legos. Because I fucking love Legos.

:rofl: ha I'm loving the Legos story!

It's sometimes horrible looking younger isn't it, people always assume I'm a lot younger than I am, I'm dreading any disapproving looks when I have a big bump!

:laugh2::laugh2: That's hilarious.

I love lego too. I still have the lego house that I built with my dad when I was about 8.

Urghhh... some people can be so rude. And the preaching, man, I hate the preaching...

I look younger than I am also, a couple of days before my 30th birthday I went and bought a bottle of champagne and the guy asked me for ID. I wanted to kiss him (especially as remember you only need be 18 here in the UK).
But last month I was at the self check out scanning my bottle of wine (I'm not an alchy btw) and the guy came over to take the tab off the bottle, I got my purse out to get my debit card out and he laughed and said 'It's ok, YOU don't need your ID' *chuckle chuckle*. I just looked at him and said 'Well young man, I wasn't getting any ID out but since I'm such an old lady does your mother know your not at school?'

That shut him up. :jo:

I love lego too. I still have the lego house that I built with my dad when I was about 8.

Urghhh... some people can be so rude. And the preaching, man, I hate the preaching...

I look younger than I am also, a couple of days before my 30th birthday I went and bought a bottle of champagne and the guy asked me for ID. I wanted to kiss him (especially as remember you only need be 18 here in the UK).
But last month I was at the self check out scanning my bottle of wine (I'm not an alchy btw) and the guy came over to take the tab off the bottle, I got my purse out to get my debit card out and he laughed and said 'It's ok, YOU don't need your ID' *chuckle chuckle*. I just looked at him and said 'Well young man, I wasn't getting any ID out but since I'm such an old lady does your mother know your not at school?'

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh my god, I know.

Shortly before DH and I got married (I was 19), we were walking around the mall. I noticed a security guard following us around, and thought it was kind of weird. He was watching DH like a hawk! Finally, when DH wandered far enough away, he snuck up to me and whispered "Are you okay?" Apparently he thought DH was abducting me from my mom or something! WTF! :saywhat:

I recently had someone knock on the door and ask if my mum and dad were in?!

Oh man. I go through phases of alcoholism. Sometimes I drink a lot, and then I will go months without drinking. My husband now hides the whiskey, as I drank half a bottle of Jameson for breakfast on St. Patrick's day.

Oh my god, I know.

Shortly before DH and I got married (I was 19), we were walking around the mall. I noticed a security guard following us around, and thought it was kind of weird. He was watching DH like a hawk! Finally, when DH wandered far enough away, he snuck up to me and whispered "Are you okay?" Apparently he thought DH was abducting me from my mom or something! WTF! :saywhat:

Now that's quite alarming. So many practical jokes could have been played that day.

Oh my god, I know.

Now that's quite alarming. So many practical jokes could have been played that day.

Tell me about it. Later I was talking to DH about it. I was like "Why couldn't I have just started crying and said you wanted to touch me in special places?!" He was like "Are you trying to get me arrested?"

I'm loving these stories. I've always looked older than I am. My bff though has really adorable dimples that make her look way younger she hates it.

I recently had someone knock on the door and ask if my mum and dad were in?!

Oh dear!

We'll all be grateful for our youthful looks one day you know!!

But, it is going to take some getting used to when I do have to walk into Mothercare with people thinking I'm so young and then start buying nipple pumps and the like...

May just have to do that online... :haha:

Oh man. I go through phases of alcoholism. Sometimes I drink a lot, and then I will go months without drinking. My husband now hides the whiskey, as I drank half a bottle of Jameson for breakfast on St. Patrick's day.

Well, sometimes it just needs to be done. :drunk:

Make the most of it - we'll be such lightweights after 9 months of being preggers. Although I am having a 'dry January', I was bought a delicious bottle of Baileys with orange for Christmas, so if I am lucky enough to get my BFP the OH is going to have to hide that very, very far away.

But if drinks it himself, there's gonna be trouble. :growlmad:

Okay, so I figured I'd attach some pictures. We have several hundred dollars worth of Legos. This is not all of them:

https://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/MondaysPandemic/legos_zps2b37ae87.jpg

There's also some Magic: The Gathering cards on there.

https://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/MondaysPandemic/nerdystuff_zps1de3e48e.jpg

Some of our Dungeons & Dragons stuff and more Magic cards. :haha:

Don't even make me show you our giant stack of video games.

https://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/nerd-smiley.gif

EDIT: Yes. That is a sword in the first picture leaning against the bookshelf. One of many. :rofl:

Oh wow, that's awesome! :p

You are going to be such fun parents (if you allow them to play with it all of course, not sure I would).
and you have a sword? Wow. I like swords. My OH has a sword. A samurai. But I prefer the broad sword/medieval type swords.

What a collection though!

I love all the fantasy stuff, I'm more of a book worm though. Love Game of Throne books, Robin Hobb, Tolkien etc etc. :book:

Haha loved reading those stories. I've always looked my age or older. But I'm 20 so it would look really bad if I looked younger and was buying pregnancy tests and stuff although I buy most ttc stuff online except my prenatals because its a small town that can't keep secrets lol. :bfn: on ic today :( 17dpo, guess that means I'm out. Af still hasn't shown though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->