Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

New symptom... Despite getting 8 hours of sleep last night, I am completely exhausted. I've tried to wake up three different times this morning, and keep falling back asleep. In a chair. I thought, "Oh, I'll just rest my eyes a bit." And suddenly, I was waking up two hours later. :sleep:

Good luck, Ginger! Those do sound like promising symptoms, but I've had about every symptom in the world and still gotten BFNs. Stupid brains can really play tricks. I hope your doc gives you answers!

Sb, Ecuador sounds amazing! OH and I were considering a trip there at some point, but went to Hawaii instead. I still really want to go. Jealous!

Sorry about AF, baby. :hugs:

Thanks ladies. I had a feeling I was out when my temp dropped. The good news is this one was half the length of my first cycle so hopefully I'm leaving the effects of BCPs behind. Ginger, hopefully you just have a shy BFP but otherwise I hope af stops playing games and shows up so you can get on with your next cycle

Making ribeye for dinner. Yummm. I was still feeling grossed out by regular food, so I figured some really nice steaks would get me excited about dinner. Lol. I have such a headache right now, though.

Thanks! Justine... Are you posting from your phone? :haha:

I was all, 'who's Justine?' ten saw my post. Damn you autocorrect.

Baby, sorry about AF. At least your cycles are getting back on track though.

Pbl, Ecuador is amazing and super inexpensive! Everything is in US currency too. The food is great and there's a lot to do if you want to do more than sit on the beach.

Haha sbmack, I couldn't figure out what she was talking about either! Yes, I would much prefer a 33 day to a 68 day

Hi ladies! Just had my first FS appt yesterday. It went really well and I feel optimistic this thing will work soon. Short version is femara+progesterone for 2-3 months, then get more serious, depending on test results. Much longer version in my brand new journal.

Any news for any of you ladies???

:dust:

Glad things are happening now for you. I am on Cd 6... Boring *yawn*

Hi ladies! Just had my first FS appt yesterday. It went really well and I feel optimistic this thing will work soon. Short version is femara+progesterone for 2-3 months, then get more serious, depending on test results. Much longer version in my brand new journal.

Any news for any of you ladies???

:dust:

Nice!

I had my first appointment with my doctor concerning fertility yesterday, too. Drew a vial of blood today for all the hormone tests (also running a serum pregnancy test, as AF still hasn't arrived). DH also needs to get a SA done. If all those come back normal (and I'm not preggo, of course), I'll get started on Provera and Clomid for 3 months. If that doesn't work, I'll go in to see if my tubes are open, and we'll go from there.

Hopefully we all get BFPs soon!

Hopefully you are already pregnant or you can get pregnant on your first cycle of the new drugs. I am only on cycle 3 but have always had this intense fear of infertility. I think I am going to email my birth mom and ask her how long it took to conceive us, I know my older sister was an oopsie pill baby so that gives me some hope. Might convince DF to go in for a SA at 6 or 7 months of ttc.

Yay, Ginger! Hope this happens quickly for you. And Baby, I wouldn't worry too much for now--your last cycle was much better, so FX it's back to normal. :thumbup:

Baby, I understand that fear. It's really scary when you've always just had a fear and feeling about infertility. I've just decided to put my faith in science, and let whatever happens happen. :hugs:

Hopefully your cycles are straightening out, and you're approaching a BFP!

pbl, I'm seriously hoping for lots of BFPs coming up in this thread! Femara is similar to Clomid, isn't it? I know Clomid raises the chance of multiples from 1.5% to 7%. Is it the same for Femara? I'm nervous about the possibility of twins.

I know my fear is slightly unfounded but this website doesn't really help when have my bnb friends have to use fertility drugs. It started when I was younger because my periods were a couple months in between sometimes 3. Hopefully it was just because I was a teenager though. If I remember correctly it had started to stabilize. And it seems to be ok now, other than the first month off BCPs.

There's a LOT on my journal right now about Clomid vs. Femara. They're very similar, but evidence is accumulating to suggest Femara is better. I actually could get pretty excited about twins, although the more sensible part of me says that I shouldn't. We want two, and there are certain benefits to having them at the same time--more cost effective if nothing else. The docs told me 8-10% chance of twins for Femara.

If they do cycle monitoring for you on Clomid, they could actually tell you when you have multiple follicles that look like they're about to O. Then you could skip that month.

Well, ladies. I got my test results back from the doctor faster than I thought I would. All my hormones/thyroid/etc are normal. Aaaand, I'm not pregnant.

Now all that's left is to get DH a SA, get good results back on it, and then I'm on to Clomid!

AND I WON'T HAVE A DECEMBER BABY! :happydance:

I might talk to my doctor about what he feels about the difference between Clomid and Femara when the time comes.

That's great, Sb! :happydance: Did he do a follicular phase test to ensure that you're ovulating?

Good luck for the SA!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->