• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Support thread for lo's with health issues

Update on Ava

Just wanted to do an update on Ava, I had her at the doctors and they were looking at her cyst on her head, and the dr seems to think that there may be a slight chance it goes into her actual skull, but they are leaning more towards a dermoid cyst in which they would remove because those cyst's can grow quite large and cause discomfort.

For now we are still awaiting to see the neurologist and get some tests done to see what is really going on with her.

This is really difficult as she has cradle cap right now a bit, and I don't want to just scrub at her head as I fear irritating her cyst. I also don't want to just leave the cradle cap in their and have it get worst! ugh.

My LO has cradle cap too and our doc said that we could just let the cradle cap go and it should eventually resolve on its own. She said that we don't have to scrub at it unless we want to for cosmetic purposes only. So maybe you can just let it go so you don't irritate the cyst? :shrug:

Update on Ava

Just wanted to do an update on Ava, I had her at the doctors and they were looking at her cyst on her head, and the dr seems to think that there may be a slight chance it goes into her actual skull, but they are leaning more towards a dermoid cyst in which they would remove because those cyst's can grow quite large and cause discomfort.

For now we are still awaiting to see the neurologist and get some tests done to see what is really going on with her.

This is really difficult as she has cradle cap right now a bit, and I don't want to just scrub at her head as I fear irritating her cyst. I also don't want to just leave the cradle cap in their and have it get worst! ugh.

My LO has cradle cap too and our doc said that we could just let the cradle cap go and it should eventually resolve on its own. She said that we don't have to scrub at it unless we want to for cosmetic purposes only. So maybe you can just let it go so you don't irritate the cyst? :shrug:

Oh I didn't know that? Thank you. My son had cradle cap and it got so bad that it was inflamed, that's what I didn't want to happen to Ava but at the moment it doesn't seem like its irritated or anything, maybe I will just leave it and monitor it.

Update on Ava

Hows things going with Ava? Fingers crossed it's not into her skull. Have you had your refferal from the neurologist yet. Only 5days now till jakes mag3 hoping for some answers then. Must learn that google is not my friend as I googled renal function after chronic hydronephrosis and it wasn't good

I steer clear of google. I did find one group on Facebook of moms whose children have heart block. It's been a great support to me :)

Well jake had his test done today got to wait 7-10 days for the results of everything from the last few weeks. However the radiologist said his functioning was poor as after an hour and 15mins is kidney still had not emptied but the good one emptied within 10mins. Had a little cry as I'm totally in the dark now and not don't know what is happening next

:hugs: I know what you mean about not knowing what to expect. You'll get through it. :hugs:

Hey guys, Ava has an appointment for the neurologist on july 14th! ...im nervous but glad its being taken care of early!! I just know the hospital is going to bring back sooo many memories of when my son was in there.

Yes google, i stay clear from google, I have really scared myself with google like no other, and it was an unnecesary scare as well, as all turned okay in many circumstances!! I lean more on online support groups and things like that.

Rockell- My thoughts are with Jake! i hope his tests come back good and as for the kidney emptying, maybe its just going to take some time for his kidneys to get on track!! :hugs: xox

I can deffinitely relate to having a cry , and not knowing what to expect I really don't know what to expect with my situation either, I am pretty much prepared for the worst that way if its better than the worst I may be able to cope better, I don't know. I just some days can't believe we are going through this neurological battles again!!

I pray and pray everyday its just nothing, but somehow my mind wont let me think its nothing just by the drs face when he made the refferal... ughh :cry:

Well to update on jakes test results.

Consultants have reviewed everything and considering his operation was 4months ago they are not overly concered with the results. Yes his kidney functioning is poor but it will take time to heal. We have a follow up appointment at the end of september to decide the next steps. Such a relief I finally feel able to relax and enjoy my son (not that I wasn't) But I think you ladies know what I mean

Divine beauty how did ava's appointment go last thursday hope it was the best outcome

Hey sweetie!!

Glad you are able to relax now!!! I think like you, his kidneys need time to heal and hopefully in time they will heal and things will be okay!! How is he doing otherwise?

Ava- Well we were sent to the neurologist as you know and she had a look at the cyst and said she 'doesn't think' its anything to worry about but has ordered an ultrasound for this coming up monday to check where the cyst really is located, weather it be the scalp, or just on top of the head

She did a little test which was moving it around with her fingers to make sure it could move, and she also took a biopsy of the cyst so results should be back by next monday at our appointment.

I am SOOO nervous!!!! The cyst has not changed which is a good thing but still.. just waiting for results.. is nervewracking!!!

So next monday we will find out what we really are dealing with, also we have decided if its a dermoid cyst that we will likely have it removed whilst she is young, as they can grow and cause problems in the future.

Hope your doing well hun, I will update after Monday's appointment, it can't come soon enough!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->