Suprised at the sadness I feel

cacahuete

Reaction score
We had our 20 week scan yesterday and it was confirmed we were having a boy, my husband kept asking me if I was ok, and I kept saying yes, I know first and foremost I want baby to be healthy, but I was so convinced it was a girl, we had a scan at 14.5 weeks, and we couldn't see a dingle ( she checked a few times) and my pregnancy was so different at the start, and everyone kept saying I look like I'm carrying a girl.

But I'm not. It's another boy, I have 1 already, I lost a little girl before we had my first son, and I had a second mc also, so I kept thinking maybe I just can't carry girls. So I was so happy when I thought it could be a girl .
I never had a relationship with my mum, so I always wanted to have my own daughter mother relationship and you know , do the girlie days! I used to hear stories of my friends going out for the day with their mum, getting their hair done, going for lunch, just going for walks together and I just really wanted to be able to do that,

Since I had an ecs on my first, I'm not sure if I would go again after this one, I just wish I could shake the sadness, I'm so happy he is healthy, ESP after losing 2 I was sure I wouldn't ever feel disappointed with what we were blessed with, but yet I can't shake myself today .

:hugs: I know how you feel! Sometimes the guilt can be just as bad as the sadness :(

I have a gender scan tomorrow and already have 3 boys.

It does get easier.... Allow yourself to grieve, buy a super cute boys outfit (or three!) to concentrate on and coo over but most of all just give yourself time!

:flower:

Thank you mum2threeboys!
Even before we found out , we would be asked 'would you go again if it's another boy' to try for a girl, and I can just imagine how many more people are going to say that to me, I have had 4 pregnancies already, so I'm not sure if I would be able to go again- maybe my two boys will be it. At least they will have someone to grow up with! My husband was talking about adopting ( he is adopted, and it was always something he wanted to do)
I hope your scan goes well tomorrow! And you get to hear the words you are hoping for! Let me know how it goes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->