Sure start maternity grant government update!

I have just spoken to social fund that deals with these grants and they are saying the info on the websites wrong as long as you are 29 weeks before 11 april you can still claim and will still recieve it x

really??! i really really hope it is wrong im going to apply for it anyway when its time and hope for the best x

It appears either they have not informed the staff that deal with these grants or a not very well trained monkey has updated the direct gov site i hope its the monkey theory personally i am still gonna apply i think i might ring and enquire in a few days see what they say it costs me nowt x

I am confused as to whether i will get this..? Me and my husband both work full time so don't get any benefits or child tax credits at the moment but this will be our first baby... Do we qualify?

i hope you are right and you can still apply if you are over 29 weeks, the social fund staff i spoke to said the website was correct and that I wouldnt get the grant, but i will still fill the form in and try, its really wound me up lol.xx

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12265665

have a read of this girls . Im really annoyed was going to get nursery furniture with this money :(

i cant believe how much they are picking on people with children more so it seems than anyone else! cuts in child tax credits and housing benefits on top of this and the child benefit thing wtf?! :(

They obviously have not informed their staff properly youre right people with kids do seem to be being picked on not everyone can have a perfect life and have enough money some people fall on hard times this government is a joke we are all gonna be living in wheelie bins by the time they are finished x

i cant believe how much they are picking on people with children more so it seems than anyone else! cuts in child tax credits and housing benefits on top of this and the child benefit thing wtf?! :(

I know its so annoying i only have one and she is nearly 9. I dont have anything of hers and im having a boy its stupid.
Age 16 is stupid it should be more like 3years old if anything.I dont think they have thought about it very clearly and they will get alot of complaints about this . :cry:

its crazy they should be picking on the dads not paying for thier children and single people who dont have children and sit on thier bums all day claiming the dole and spending it on booze instead they are picking on pregnant women who have been relying on that bit of help :( x

i am sooo angry about this i cant tell you. its stupid they should have informed people earlier i was going to use this for my pram and now have to find the money elsewhere. not enough notice has been given so this has affected many women currently pregnant relying on this to purchase the essentials, they should have forewarned people and set it in place in a year or so, as to make people aware so as not to rely on it as some women are over half way in there pregnancy only now to be told they cant have it its disgusting!!!!!!

i am sooo angry about this i cant tell you. its stupid they should have informed people earlier i was going to use this for my pram and now have to find the money elsewhere. not enough notice has been given so this has affected many women currently pregnant relying on this to purchase the essentials, they should have forewarned people and set it in place in a year or so, as to make people aware so as not to rely on it as some women are over half way in there pregnancy only now to be told they cant have it its disgusting!!!!!!

i tend to agree with the cut to a certain extent but the above is thew bit i think they got so wrong! they allowed to many rumors that allowed people to beleive they would get it if they was 29 weeks before april (myself included) and then withdrew it! x

thats what im pissed off about alot of women have relyed on it like you n me i havent bought anything thinking i can get it all with this grant and now i have no idea how im gonna afford a pushchair and a cot they are so expencive :S and we have just been left in the lurch completely x

It says that you can claim 11 weeks before your due, so if you claim before the 11th of april can you still get it? :wacko:

I'm having twins so I need to buy second of everything!

It says that you can claim 11 weeks before your due, so if you claim before the 11th of april can you still get it? :wacko:

no baby has to be born by then .:(

nope, if you are due after 11th april 2011 and you have a child under 16 then you def dont get it.

xx

nope, if you are due after 11th april 2011 and you have a child under 16 then you def dont get it.

xx

Thanks, I just wish they had made it clear earlier! It feels like we have all been kept in the dark, hearing lots of different information and mis information. They could have handled it sooo much better :flower:

I just phoned social fund to see if they had got my forms and see what was going on and was told the new rules don't come in until April... I have a feeling it's a case of misinformed staff as it seems the decision has been rushed through :shrug:

Here's the number I phoned if anyone else wants to give them a call.

0845 6088 649

hopefully all the staff who handle our forms are all misinformed and put em through lol x

I think we should all send our forms in anyway and see what happens its worth a try, good luck to you all xxx

My sis bf works in a benefit office so I've got him on the case to find out exactly what rule has come in when. I'll up date you when I hear something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->