Surgery during pregnancy 27 weeks please pray

Jenngar07

Reaction score
Hey ladies, so I found out two weeks ago that I have gallstones. My ob sent me to a surgeon because I am having constant pain. I went today and the surgeon said it would be best to take it out. I am 27 weeks today and the surgery will be before 28 weeks, so right before I am in the 3rd trimester. They say the only risk is preterm labour but it is small. Did anyone have surgery during pregnancy? If I did have PTL she would survive but be really early so maybe my ob will put me on meds to prevent PTL. Please pray from us

Thinking of you. It is stressful but you should trust your surgeon. If the gallstones need out now, then they need out. They would not put baby under any unneccesary risk if it wasn't worth it.

Gallstones can be evil and maybe they are a bigger risk to baby if left alone.

I hope everything turns out ok.

Yes, I had surgery to insert a nephrostomy tube when I was 22 weeks pg with my second baby. She came through fine and is now a strapping 10 year old :)
I asked if they could put the monitor on so that I could hear everything was ok as soon as I woke up - you could see if they could do this for you too?
Hope everything goes ok,
Love Ceri xx

I had surgery at around 27 weeks, removed my appendix and baby was fine. Try not to worry, they will only do surgery if they are sure that the benefits outweigh the risks so you and baby will be fine.

@rainbowgroove: I also had to have a nephrostomy tube put in while pregnant. You are so lucky you got to be asleep for it! I had to be awake and it was horribly painful :(

Hi hun. Risk is only theoretical, and they have to warn you about minimal risk of PTL to cover their backs. In reality everything will be absolutely fine - good luck x

Hi Jenngar07,

I had my gallbladder removed via keyhole surgery and it wasn't too bad at all, i wasn't pregnant at the time but the pain of each attack (i had 10 in total) was worse then labour so if you are experiencing severe attacks it's worth getting it done, as mentioned i don't think they would operate unless there was a real benefit to the mother.

P.S. Pregnancy can cause gallstones you know, it sucks!

I'm sure everything will go fine, i liked rainbowgrooves idea of the monitor after surgery, i'm sure that would put your mind at rest (although i'm sure they would monitor throughout)

xx

Good luck with the surgery! I hope everything goes well for you and the baby. I have gallstones too, but luckly after 1 week with constant pain we were able to tweak in my diet to control that. I'm so sorry to hear you've been in constant pain for at least 2 weeks. I'll be thinking of you and your little one.

Thanks ladies I am going in on Wednesday, I am a little nervous but know I will be ok. Thank you all for your help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->