Surgery during pregnancy

JadeyB

Mummy of 2 (1 Angel baby)
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I have an abdominal stitch placed due to previous PROM and having very little cervix due to cervical cancer.

I found out yesterday that my consultants recommend me having a second stitch called an occlusion suture to help stop any infection getting up. I have to travel to London on Friday for the op and very nervous about going through an op while pregnant for the second time. I had a rescue vaginal stitch placed in my first pregnancy at 19 weeks, the surgery went well but unfortunately this stitch failed 4 1/2 weeks later.

Has anyone else experienced surgery during pregnancy.

Wish me luck.
xxxx

Not been through this, but maybe some of the ladies elsewhere on BabyandBump can help, e.g. 2nd trimester, pregancy complications?
Hope it goes well for you.

Sorry Hun, haven't experienced this either but I'm glad they are doing everything they can for you and wishing you lots of luck for the op and a healthy bubs in a few months time x

Thanks ladies - hoping the snow doesn't get anyway worse, they closed our airport for a few days earlier this week!! I won't be able to get to London. xx

Almost. Long story but I was going to have a heart pacemaker put in under general anaesthetic. From what I learned, the risks are lowest between around 14-22 weeks but yes... I can relate to the fear, even though I didn't go through with it.

Really feel for you... good luck :flower:

Almost. Long story but I was going to have a heart pacemaker put in under general anaesthetic. From what I learned, the risks are lowest between around 14-22 weeks but yes... I can relate to the fear, even though I didn't go through with it.

Really feel for you... good luck :flower:

Thanks hun,

I'm having a spinal block, so thought to be less risky as its similar to an epidural.

This is my third op with a spinal and last time I had to ask for a sedative. I'm not sure I can have that (or would want it) with being pregnant, so will probably have to grit my teeth and bear it. Its not going to be a long op but I'm still terrified.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->