Surprise pregnancy unsure of dates - how soon will I get a scan (UK?)

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
A couple of days ago I had a strong + line on a pregnancy test, which came as a real surprise. I have no idea how many weeks I am (there's a long and complicated reason why it never even occurred to me that I was late). I have self referred to a midwife and spoken to her today. They were going to fax a scan request to the hospital to get a scan appointment to date me. I am due to see the midwife on Thursday. She said I might have had my scan by than or hopefully had the letter. Does anyone have any experience with just how quickly they could offer me a scan?

I think it probably depends on a) your luck with midwives b) your medical history and c) where you happen to live.

If you genuinely have a reason that means you have no idea when your last period was or if it was a period or you don't really get periods, then I guess they might offer you fairly quickly to date you? Especially if you have no idea whether you are 6 weeks or 12 weeks or anywhere inbetween!

Fingers crossed your NHS trust are helpful! If they def going to offer you one, then I imagine it'll just depend how busy they are, particularly if the pregnancy appears healthy so far! Hopefully if there are any concerns you'll get priority!

I had a surprise pregnancy earlier this year (unfortunately ended in mc). I was not sure when I conceived. I thought I was 8 weeks when I went to the midwife, but there was a small chance I was 12 weeks. They booked me in for a dating scan about 4 days later.

Not sure! hopefully you will get one quick if you are unsure of dates. The usual procedure in UK seems to be a 10 week midwife appointment and 12 week scan.

hope you get a scan soon though, so you know how far along you are!
and congrats on the pregnancy!

I got one within a week with my last pregnancy as I didn't know when my last period was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->