Survived my first evening out....

susan_1981

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
We had a seminar after work today which I went to. I was originally not going to go because there is always plenty of free alcohol there and I didn't want to raise anyone's suspicions to the fact that I'm pregnant so I said to my boss that I wasn't going to go because I'm trying to give up smoking (which I already have!) and if I'm drinking, it's going to make me want to smoke, blah blah blah. Anyway, the head of our department said if I went, I'd get paid overtime for it so I decided to go. Luckily my friend in my department does know I'm pregnant because I had to tell her because she would have guessed with me not smoking and drinking etc, etc.

So anyway, at the end of the seminar, we were all drinking in the foyer. I had a glass of wine in my hand but my friend kept topping her glass up with mine or swapping glasses so it looked like I was drinking. All in all, I had about 2 mouthfuls of wine. Then my boss came over and said "Oh thank god for that" and I said "What?" and then he said "You're not pregnant then". So I obviously covered well. It doesn't bother me him basically saying "thank god you're not pregnant" because I know he doesn't mean it and he is just talking from a work point of view as in who will do his work when I'm on maternity leave!

Then to cover my tracks entirely, I said to my friend "I'm gonna go now, shall we go outside and have a fag first" so she had one and then I went home!

Now I just have to keep this up for another 2 months before I can tell everyone and relax a little. Also a good job my friend does know I'm pregnant, I went to eat a prawn and she just whispered to me "Don't eat that!" and then I just thought oh god yeah, I've got to remember that there's certain things I can't eat.

Anyway, just thought I'd share this with you.

:rofl: that's awesome. I do,kt drink or smoke already, so no problem there. Truly genius with your friend.

i need to do that! I have a work do this Fri which is out of town so instead of the usual taxi im driving. Not told work etc yet so im just gonna play on the fact that i feel funny, as i was saying all last week and I have actually gone off food which my work colleagues know so im gonna use that as an excuse.

Thank goodness for friends like that to help you :)

what a good (and sneaky) friend! - glad you managed to pull it off! xx

I know. It was superb. And I just feel really proud of myself. I just went to the pub at lunch with 2 of the girls (who know) and had orange. It was fine. Obviously not as fun as when I'm having a drink but I have something much better in my tummy than wine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->