Survived my first poopy cloth diaper!

Tiff

LIKE A BOSS
Reaction score
:happydance:

I was really not looking forward to this, as it'd be the dealbreaker for cloth diapers. I abhor having to actually touch poop. Yuck yuck yuck. However, thanks to Melbo for mentioning the liners ($6 for a roll of 100) the poop was a total cinch to clean up. Way too easy! (And yes, it did stick to her, LOL)

I'm totally stoked. My one last question: How do you guys store the soild diapers? How often do you wash them?

I have a basket that lives in a shelf on the changing tables and they're all in there. I wash covers every 2-3rd use.

I know it's rediculous to be so happy about something so trivial, but I'm really glad that this will work for us. I'm not down with having so many disposables in the landfills.

:wohoo:

we just put ours in a dry pail and wash every other day. no need to soak!

Which ones did you get? I got the kushies and I use the liners if I thinka poop is in the way. The only drawback is if she is in her jolly jumper or excersaucer they sometimes leak. But the same thing happens with my disposable ones... sooooo...

once I change Lylah, the nappy goes into a dry nappy pail (with lid.. essential lol) and then when I get through enough nappies they all go into the wash together, I take the inner cloth liner out before washing, and put it all in together, but you definately dont need to do a wash every day unless you have a very poopy baby lol.
xx

Which ones did you get? I got the kushies and I use the liners if I thinka poop is in the way. The only drawback is if she is in her jolly jumper or excersaucer they sometimes leak. But the same thing happens with my disposable ones... sooooo...

We went with the Bumgenius ones. We don't have a jolly jumper or Exersaucer yet but good to know that there might be some blowouts that accompany them!

:rofl:

Might sound dumb ... but what is a dry pail?

Awesome! I wish I had a washer, then I would def. go with these diapers! They sound great :D

We went with the Bumgenius ones. We don't have a jolly jumper or Exersaucer yet but good to know that there might be some blowouts that accompany them!

:rofl:

I wish I had shopped aorund a bit more, but it didnt seem like any stores in my area had cloth nappies except sears and it was the kushies.

Its not trival! Its exciting!

I dont use liners with Jasper, but he's a fully breast fed baby and his poos are liquid... the liners did nothing!

Congratulatons!

he's a fully breast fed baby and his poos are liquid... the liners did nothing!

Good to know! We're still using disposables (eco-friendly ones) as we intended to start on these until the meconium was all gone, but it's proving hard to make the switch!

Well, we had our first major overnight leak.

I went to get Claire from her crib this morning and her entire back was soaked :shock: :rofl:. How do you guys prevent overnight leaks? Claire will normally sleep around 8 hours or more.

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks again for the answers!

At night time sometimes its better to either change her, even if they arent crying for one, or to pack some extra padding in. Are you just using one insert? Maybe move to the larger insert, or use both for super poops.

xx

Oh sorry, I should have specified that it was a pee leak, not a poop. So far I've yet to have a blowout poop wise with these diapers, and Claire can have some pretty serious poops!

We change her right before she has her last bottle for the night, but I don't want to wake up part way through the night to change her (yeah, I'm selfish :lol: )... so I dunno. I use the larger insert already, as Claire is on the "small" setting of the diaper. My chunky monkey was too big for the extra small setting. ;) I tried putting the newborn liner in with the regular liner as a booster, and that sort of did the trick.

Part of me isn't surprised though. Claire pees ALOT during the night. There's been times where I've gotten her changed and her diaper is totally full, and super heavy. :rofl:

i had this problem with pees to start with, turned out I was doing the nappy too loose :D
You will get used to it. I guess babies come in all shapes and sizes, so what might fine for one baby, may not be for another
hehe
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->