Surviving the Dread AF!

Mudgymoo

Reaction score
Hello Ladies!

In preperation of waiting to try, I've come off the pill (micronor) and I'm currently going through my first period not being on the pill - my god I forgot how horendous they are.

Long story short I have 'mild' adenomyosis, but I get strong symtoms and the pill help control my pain, flow and bowel issues :blush::dohh:

Any tips for surviving?! I'm currently a sulking mess! Oh and I keep having to run off to the loo! :'(

I've got a microwavable fox thing, heat pads for out of the house and I'm going to try walking. I do have pain killers, but I'm not fab on strong ones. Any other suggestions?

Basically I'm in pain, moody, hormonal and sulky - send help! :haha::hissy:

That sounds horrible :( I hope you get through it. Sending hugs :hugs::hugs:

Coming off of the pill was hard for me too. I was on the mini pill though which has one less hormone in it than regular birth control so I can only imagine how you must be feeling. I had cramps almost the entire cycle after I stopped it until I finally had AF. I typically get bad periods anyways and I had to take magnesium supplements to help with cramping when I was still working, otherwise my cramps would be so bad that I'd have to miss a day or two. I'm not sure if that is an instant relief though or if you would have had to start taking them before AF arrived. Other than that, a heating pad (which you are already using) and pain pills I'm not sure what else you can do. I'm so sorry AF had to come back with such force but I do sympathize with you :hugs2:

I haven't been on birth control for about 5 years but I remember how horrendous it was getting off of it. Massive hugs! :hugs:
I hope that you get some relief from your symptoms soon.

Awww thanks ladies! It's nice not to feel alone!

I've been quite lucky today, trying to keep moving and got heat packs on. Luckily the pain isn't too bad today, but it comes in waves and is horrid when it does, hoping it'll all be worth it in the end!

One thing is for sure I am never going back on the pill again! My mum had breat cancer 18 months ago, so I can't take anything with eostrogen in and apparently my body does not like POP!

Glad the pain hasn't been too bad today :hugs:

Hey Mudgymoo!

Oh the first one off is horrible. I was away for work and I literally felt like I was dying. It was the most intense pain that it actually made me vomit and even faint from the pain.
I will say that they slowly got less painful and I would say a few months on that now they are much better. Still painful but back to pre POP pain.

The only things I can suggest are heat and also gentle walking. I know it is the last thing you feel like but I have found lying in bed curled up in a ball actually makes them worse- where as some gentle exercise seems to ease them a bit.

One thing I was told is that if you are TTC you should only take paracetamol and not other painkillers. So might be worth thinking about even while you are WTT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->