Sushi eaters.... come hither!

When did yall start sipping wine? 2nd tri?

I had a couple sips really early on at a work event. I wasn't ready to tell anyone. I sell wine so I'm around it constantly. Last week we had a big meeting and we tasted over 30 wines. We always spit so I wasn't worried and I only took one taste as opposed to a couple like I usually do. But at dinner I had literally a sip of white wine. I poured a glass so no one questioned why I wasn't drinking.

But yes, I'm ok with a small amount here and there starting in the second trimester. If you're at dinner and a friend has something that looks great, a sip won't hurt you at this stage.

Some people freak out about alcohol and won't touch it even if they think small amounts are ok. They are just too much of a worrier. I tend not to get all worked up about these things.

Same here. I figure if it's good quality, it's OK. Like I wouldn't replace a glass of wine with a shot of Fireball.. and like this weekend we went to this high-end restaurant that focuses on local, fresh etc for a friend's birthday and I got medium-rare steak, dipped it in fresh aioli, and had feta in a beef tenderloin gyro wrap. My mom was like OMG YOU HAD RAW EGGS?! I was like dude.. fa reals? First of all, the FDA explained that the risk of salmonella is like slim to none anyway now! And I have literally never known a single person to get infected by it.. but you know. I wouldn't eat raw eggs at like Chilis!

I ate sushi all the time when I was pregnant with DS. Like everyone else has said a million times by now, I just stayed away from large fish and tried to stick to cooked things like spider rolls and dragon rolls but no one complained about the occasional rainbow roll. Honestly japanese food was the only thing I was able to hold down my entire pregnancy and thus I would have been in the hospital a lot more without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->