swaddle blankets......

crazy84

Mommy to 3
Reaction score
how do you all feel about these. I swaddled Klaire last night and she slept great. So I was thinking of buying one with velcro..... Are they safe?? or should I just not swaddle??

I've been using them since my LO was born, but I'm now weaning him off the swaddle in the hopes he'll use his fingers to suck and put him back to sleep.

I have always let klaire sleep on me.. lol so i am trying to wean her off of me... hopefully this will do the trick

I just use normal blankets to swaddle then when LO has had enough of being swaddled i still have the blanket to use as im pretty sure the specific swaddling blankets are a 'T' or 'Y' shape.. I might be wrong though.

Also i have to swaddle my LO so she has her hands free as she likes to play with her ears to get to sleep (weird child i know).

X

Yes they are safe, you velcro them around their arms so they are no higher than
the top of their shoulders and they shouldnt be able to wriggle down in it if
its the right size for their weight/age.

Swaddling is a good way of getting babies to not sleep on you! Worked brilliantly with me as her crib got sent to the wrong address so she didnt have a crib for a week so ended up in bed with me (naughty i know)..
X

We use the Halo swaddle sleepsack and it's the only way he'll sleep because he has shaky arms.

Ones I found great for when LO was little

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Summer-Infant-SwaddleMe-Small-Monkey/dp/B0035ER1FK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1301755348&sr=8-6

Then, as he got bigger I used
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Halo-Sleepsack-Swaddle-Fleece-Months/dp/B001D4951C/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1301755406&sr=1-2

The second has been great, I've gone from both arms in, to one in one out, then both out but with the swaddle around his tummy, to no swaddle at all. Now he can sleep in a regular sleeping bag.

I was addicted to Swaddlers when my first daughter was born and plan to use them with the next one. :) Since I don't know how to properly do it on my own, I use the velcro blankets religiously. My daughter used to startle herself awake all the time, so if she wasn't in the swaddle blanket, she wouldn't sleep!

We use the Halo swaddle sleepsack and it's the only way he'll sleep because he has shaky arms.

This item is amazing! We're just weaning off swaddling and it's great and the added bonus of being able to use as a sleeping bag as well.

Should I start out with the regular swaddler and then move to the sleep bag???

I just use a flat cotton sheet. Have done since he was born.

We use this too - it's a sleep bag that has a swaddle attachment - as the swaddle is attached to the bag it can't slip up and the velcro holds it nice and snug :)

hx

The swaddlers with Velcro are great. I used them up until about 3 months and then used sleeping bags. I was never worried about her getting out because the Velcro held her nice and snug. I used a Kiddopotamus one, you can get them on amazon and I also saw them in tesco as part of their baby event. Would highly recommend xx

Sorry I just noticed you are from the states. Doubt you would be heading to tesco to find one then! Lol xx

highly recommend the halo ones!! The turn into a sleep sack after!!! my Lo loved it! And they are good for weaning out them, you can easily leave on arm out while the other is still swaddled, then two arms out while the body is still swaddled (my lo loved it)

I just use receiving blankets to swaddle LO. He is swaddled right now taking a nap :) Oh and I already knew how to swaddle before he was born (I was a little mommy when I was younger and used to swaddle my baby dolls lol) But the nurse at the hospital when I had him did give me a refresher :)

i love the woombie ones, they are really light and lo can easy move to get comfy but hold them secure and stops the startle reflex waking her up.

https://www.thewoombie.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->