Swear Words.

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
just a musing really...but why when we write swear words do we use *?! signs in them?

because we all still know what the word is and when we read it im sure we read the word as it should be.

I mean esp on here as the words are never directed at some one- or intended in an offensive manner more discriptive or to express a fustration.

are there forum rules that ban them?

Some forums block them. We're not so tight but I guess it depends on how it is used.

I don't * my swear words on here :lol: any of the really bad ones are banned anyways :)

It just seems less offensive I guess! I don't do it much, but if I see f**k written down I read it as "fk" :lol:

I always wonder why we bother having swear words at all! Why not just say that they aren't offensive anymore and then we could all just say them whenever we wanted! x

Lol I swear quite a lot, I have to make effort not to in situations where it's not appropriate :/

So many forums filter out swear words so I guess a lot of people get used to putting in at least one * or other sign to replace one letter so the whole word doesn't get filtered out. I hate word filters *sigh*

What I never understood is when they bleep up the 'u' in fuck on American tv shows? We all know what they are saying! It just turns it unto fbleepk!

What I never understood is when they bleep up the 'u' in fuck on American tv shows? We all know what they are saying! It just turns it unto fbleepk!

Urgh I hate it when they bleep swear words on tv! Its so annoying!

Or they have a voice over saying a different word...so the mouth doesnt line up with the voice:dohh: i hate that!

The worst is when you're listening to a song and they don't bleep a swear word they just cut it out altogether, if you're listening to something especially sweary it sounds like they have hiccups :lol:

The worst is when you're listening to a song and they don't bleep a swear word they just cut it out altogether, if you're listening to something especially sweary it sounds like they have hiccups :lol:

Haha this is actually one of my pet hates :p

So many forums filter out swear words so I guess a lot of people get used to putting in at least one * or other sign to replace one letter so the whole word doesn't get filtered out. I hate word filters *sigh*

Reminds me of how one forum I was on bleeped the middle of the word pocketwatch because it spelled the word 'twat'.

Reminds me of how one forum I was on bleeped the middle of the word pocketwatch because it spelled the word 'twat'.

S****horpe gets filtered out on a lot of forums too

edit: this one too :haha:

The name for my disabilty is ***'d out on so many forums. Makes it a bit hard to explain haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->