Sweep today..

blake12336

Reaction score
So I'm 40 weeks today and had an attempted sweep. The midwife said he isn't engaged and my cervix wasn't ready for a sweep so she did her best. Came out of my appointment feeling deflated, however, I seem to have lost a teeny bit of greenish mucous so I'm hoping this is the start of my plug and that her attempt at least had some effect!

She thinks he will be a January baby though!

Also my bishops score was only 3, has anyone else had this and went into labour soon after?

Fingers crossed for you!
A senior midwife told me when I was 39w with my son "you've got a good couple of weeks left" (pretty much based on the fact he was floating). Went into labour at 39+3, he was born the next day - just goes to show babies do what they want and things can go from 0-100 fast!

Really is luck of the draw.. these babies seem to do what they like! It's good that shout plug is coming away at least, seems like your body is prepping. Just bounce on the ball as much as you can and lots of stairs! Good
Luck x

Good luck!! I think doctors do their best at guessing but we all know who is in charge for this show lol :p

My doctors told me with my first at my 39 week appointment that they thought I'd go into labor within a couple days......

...Well at 41 weeks I had to be induced lol! My second I thought I had tons of time, I ended up delivering at 39 weeks on the nose.

Good luck!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks guys! Made me feel a lot better. She said all she could do was massage my cervix! Put a right dampner on the day,hopefully he will surprise me :D

I know prostaglandins in semen are good for dilating the cervix, so maybe just do a real quickie to get the semen up there and things might progress a little bit.

But, yeah, these babies come when they're ready!! Hope he comes soon xx

Oh and if it helps I was also trying to have sex as much as possible (don't know if this had much effect because I found it too sore to take it deeply therefore I doubt any semen was deposited too near my cervix but you never know) and I was trying to have a ton of orgasms (solo. DH isn't superman haha). Also was having raspberry leaf tea, bouncing on the gym ball and eating dates (supposed to help you dilate) and prunes to keep me cleared out. It's possible that one of those things worked but I have no idea which one. It's also possible that none of them worked and it was a total coincidence haha. But I am going to be doing them all again this time round pretty much when I hit 39w!
I read the other day that the only at-home DIY method of inducing labour which is scientifically proven to work is nipple stimulation. So maybe give that a google? I was thinking I'd just stick my DS on there if it comes to that haha. He will probably be confused as hell 2 years after stopping bf 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->