Sweeps??

Little update from me, don't know if its a good sign or not! After I had my sweep yesterday I didn't feel much different, as the evening went on I had a few period type pains here and there but nothing too bad! Dtd and lots of bouncing on my ball and went to bed about 9. Watched TV til 10 and woke around 11pm and have hardly had a minutes sleep since!!!! I had the worse pains ever, like really bad period pains that got worse, I've lost lots of bloody show, I had too get in a hot bath at 2am this morning as I just couldn't sleep with the pain!! The pains continued after the bath and from about 4.30 I managed too get little bits of sleep inbetween but kept waking too tight belly and pains!! Am now wide awake again, oh has just gone too work and am only hoping that this is not a false alarm and the pains pick up some pace as they seem too have slowed Down abit (although still there) fingers crossed for me ladies xx

I had a sweep done on Tuesday at 9:00am and for the rest of the day I felt a bit odd, and had some spotting and lost the rest of my mucus plug. My cervix was dialted at 1.5-2cm. Since Tuesday I feel like LO has dropped further and I've continued to lose bits of "gunk". I have another sweep tomorrow morning and I'm really hoping that my body is ready enough now for it to work!!

Being already dilated is fantastic! I wish I was too. Going to the MW to check me out and do a sweep in an hour.
hey hun, hope it works, I will keep you in my thoughts!!! :hugs:
When you say gunk, what color do you mean? Is it pink or white?

I am 40 weeks on Saturday according to my LMP but the scan but me back two weeks so according to that im technically only 38 weeks but I would like to have a sweep done at my appointment tomorrow as I have had a hellish last few weeks and am absolutely done in.....
Same story here, baby was consistent up to a point and now the 3 last u/s he is 2 weeks behind. :growlmad:
All the docs though agree on one thing: he must come out soon. Baby is getting stressed...
Good luck hun!

Little update from me, don't know if its a good sign or not! After I had my sweep yesterday I didn't feel much different, as the evening went on I had a few period type pains here and there but nothing too bad! Dtd and lots of bouncing on my ball and went to bed about 9. Watched TV til 10 and woke around 11pm and have hardly had a minutes sleep since!!!! I had the worse pains ever, like really bad period pains that got worse, I've lost lots of bloody show, I had too get in a hot bath at 2am this morning as I just couldn't sleep with the pain!! The pains continued after the bath and from about 4.30 I managed too get little bits of sleep inbetween but kept waking too tight belly and pains!! Am now wide awake again, oh has just gone too work and am only hoping that this is not a false alarm and the pains pick up some pace as they seem too have slowed Down abit (although still there) fingers crossed for me ladies xx
FX'ed hun, bloody show is a sign of coming labor, don't worry!!!:thumbup: I will keep you in my thoughts!

Yaaaay fingers crossed hun.. that sounds similar to my first and I went in not long after..
My update is.. haven't slept much as was getting pains in my back and tummy no show yet.. have felt nauseous and like I'm gonna Poo all night TMI but like you that's all calmed down recently..
Hope yours pick up again.. ps try not to have baths as these slowed my contractions right down with DD1 everyone is different but a llong walk might help xxx

Well another update, think my waters have gone!!! :) been shopping and then felt a big gush, had too run toilet an it had come right through my knickers and leggings!! It is clear and slimey TMI and doesn't smell like urine!! And I keep getting gushes!!! Just waiting too see if pains pick up! Am down for a home birth!! Hope yours pick up soon xx

Yay on waters gone!

I had my sweep, now getting the bloody show, hope it evolves into labor soon! I walked a few miles after the sweep lol had so many things to do, like post office, pay some parking tickets, shopping and arrange the social security paperwork for baby. Also had 2 glasses of pineapple juice. I have BH but no pains.

MW told me that last time she saw me she had little hope for natural birth, but today she is more optimistic. :)

Come on contractions, I'm doing my best here!!!

Yay on waters gone!

I had my sweep, now getting the bloody show, hope it evolves into labor soon! I walked a few miles after the sweep lol had so many things to do, like post office, pay some parking tickets, shopping and arrange the social security paperwork for baby. Also had 2 glasses of pineapple juice. I have BH but no pains.

MW told me that last time she saw me she had little hope for natural birth, but today she is more optimistic. :)

Come on contractions, I'm doing my best here!!!

Good luck!!! Hoping we are all writing our this is it threads over this weekend!!! Xx

Good luck Vikki and Lily28 and any others :thumbup: I hope your labours get going for you.....my midwife wouldn't give me a sweep today :nope: so gutted and not had anymore signs apart from being a bit niggly all week with period type pains but I could be here a while I guess!

Yaaaay on your waters hun! Here's hoping it is the start of it!! Keep us posted xx
I've had a bloody show today and more on/off contractions but due to bubba issues I'm booked for an induction tomorrow first thing so here's hoping I go before xx
Good luck everyone xx

Well MASSIVE update from me!! My little man Joshua Garith Carl was born at 6.15pm tonight, 7lb 2oz super fast home water birth, all natural no drugs at all!! He's fabulous and am sooo happy!!! So am happy too say my sweep worked!!!! Good luck for your induction xx

Wow thats amazing! Congrats hunni!
My contractions are 7 minutes apart so something is happening slowly but surely lol
Still can't believe it well done on the no drugs too xx

Thank you and I really hope u get going tonight before your induction, good luck xx

Congratulations!!! So glad you got the birth you wanted!! :flower: Hope you enjoy your new little man! x

Well mine was labor too! Went to the hospital at around midnight and had him at 6:06am today.. healthy 7lb 4oz and he is beautiful.. no name yet tho lol all the best to everyone else waiting xxx

Well MASSIVE update from me!! My little man Joshua Garith Carl was born at 6.15pm tonight, 7lb 2oz super fast home water birth, all natural no drugs at all!! He's fabulous and am sooo happy!!! So am happy too say my sweep worked!!!! Good luck for your induction xx

Oooh many congrats on your little boy!!!

Well mine was labor too! Went to the hospital at around midnight and had him at 6:06am today.. healthy 7lb 4oz and he is beautiful.. no name yet tho lol all the best to everyone else waiting xxx

Yay many congrats on yours too!!!

7lbs boys are perfect!

Mine will be a little smaller, but what the heck, I just want him to come already! I have lots of bloody show and feeling heavy. I had BH all night long.
Off for some shopping now, I hope walking and window shopping will get things moving!

Once again congrats to the 2 new babies!!! :happydance:

Oooh Lily this could be it.. that's how mine started thought it was a no go but it happened xxx get walking and bonking if you can haha xx

Yey, am soooo happy for u!! Congratulations, enjoy ur little man xx

Oooh many congrats on your little boy!!!

Yay many congrats on yours too!!!

7lbs boys are perfect!

Mine will be a little smaller, but what the heck, I just want him to come already! I have lots of bloody show and feeling heavy. I had BH all night long.
Off for some shopping now, I hope walking and window shopping will get things moving!

Once again congrats to the 2 new babies!!! :happydance:

Hoping your little mans in your arms already xx

I know yes we need an update I'm guessing the lack of one means you're either in labor or busy lol xx

I had a good sweep this morning, midwife said the cervix is nice and soft and am 2cm dilated. Lost some plug after the sweep, so hoping this will move things forward now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->