Sweet Maple BO smell?

OnyxSnowfall

2 boys and a girl!
Reaction score
For awhile now my armpit BO has changed significantly and the smell becomes most potent while nursing.

I have occasionally/inconsistently been taking an herb blend that includes fenugreek (50mg one capsule). I didn't notice any aroma when I first started taking them (and I took one daily for about a week - since then I've been taking one or two per week). I'd say I noticed this aroma a little after a month of taking them / nursing.

Would that be enough to be responsible for this weird BO or is it something else? I stopped taking them for two weeks to see if the odor would go away and it didn't (would it take longer to filter out if it was responsible?).

Fenugreek definitely causes sweat (and urine!) to smell like maple syrup. I am taking it, too, and it's definitely an odd smell. I figure there are worse things to smell like , though. :)

I would think that it was the fenugreek, it definitely cause that maple syrup smell. I took it for an extended period of time with DD1 and my DH used to tell me all the time that I smelt like pancakes.

Definately the fenugreek! My husband said I stilled smelled like it even though I hadnt taken any in 1-2 weeks.

It will be the fenugreek. This is a main side effect of fenugreek but is harmless :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->