sweetsammi

lauren-kate

Reaction score
Hey :D Hope you're alright.
I've been to the delivery suite today (the old bit) and just thought I'd give you some information (hopefully it's all correct).

There are 14 delivery rooms - 4 are midwife-led care rooms with no hospital beds. There are like mattress bed things on the floor with huge beanbags and birthing balls. There's a 'twinkling room' where it's very similar but they have twinkly lights on the ceiling. There's one room with a birthing pool, but there's also the low mattress and beanbags in this room if you don't feel like just staying in the pool. The other rooms are consultant-led care rooms with the proper bed, but they also have the low mattresses and beanbags.

The new delivery suite will be moving on Wednesday 12th December (MY DUE DATE - I just KNEW that was going to happen grr).

I'll just copy some information from a leaflet I picked up about it:

"If you are in labour please call the triage number 01332 785796 and they will tell you where to go. If you are told to go to the Kings Treatment Centre at the DCGH, please go to Entrance 6 (Car parking is available outside Kings Treatment Centre).

If you are told to go to the new maternity and gynaecology building because you are in labour please go to Entrance 21 signposted (Labour Ward, Gynaecology Assessment Unit, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), where there is a drop off for emergency use only. This entrance is directly opposite Car Park 2.

Once inside the building please follow signs to the labour ward. There are wheelchairs available inside Entrance 21 which will require a £1 coin (refundable) to release.

Your partner will at some point need to move the car to car park 2."

HTH x

Hiya hun, not too bad thanks, yourself? How come you got to have a nose around? I wanna see! Yeah the whole twinkly lights and that sound great..But I'm consultant led :( Im gonna have a word with her and see if she'll let me change to midwifery care so i can make use of all that too..However i guess theres not much point if its moving near my due date? What will the new delivery suite be like? Thanks for all the info. Just had a thought seen as we have similar due dates and that did u maybe wanna swap mob numbers or something, would be nice to keep in touch and maybe meet up, compare bumps lol. Take care x

I'm good thankyou, just wish baby would stop kicking my ribs so hard!

I think if you ring up on certain days and they're not busy that you can go in and have a look around.. I'm not sure. I'm with the family nurse partnership so my family nurse arranged it for me. But if you just try ringing up, I'd imagine they'd let you know how to go about it.

Apparently the new delivery suite will be almost exactly the same.. only the rooms will have windows (a lot of the old rooms don't) and everything will look more modern. I was a bit surprised that there'll still only be one room with a birthing pool, as that seems to be getting more popular (not sure I'm that keen as I don't like water that much).

Yeah, it would be nice to have someone to text random pregnancy stuff to as my friends have no idea what I'm going on about most of the time lol. I'll PM it to you. x

Lol bless u. I dont get that problem anymore with him kickin me in the ribs as he's dropped now :) Yeah it is quite strange they only have one pool. I hate water too, u cant get me near a swimming pool! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->