Swelling

J

Jade--x

Does anyone have any tips or home remedies on how to get swelling to go down quicker than just leaving it?

So far I've tried ice, cold compress and a warm flannel, and some cucumber and now I'm not sure what else to try :/

What is it that's swollen? If it's something like feet, elevation can help the fluid drain away, maybe some massage too, making sure to push fluid the right way. Drinking more water can help too, as too much salt can cause the swelling.

Have you tryed taking some prition?

If its due to banging your eye, keep using a cold compress and take an anti-inflammatory.

If you think you could have an eye infection, wash your eye as best you can. Visit a pharmacy for some over counter eye drops.

I was told when I had conjunctivitis to try to keep my head elevated as much as possible, to limit the blood flow. So try not to lay down too much. I was told to keep applying either a warm flannel or cold ice pack. I was also told no makeup near my eyes at all, and to have a bath rather than shower as it could irritate my eyes. All else fails... Plenty of sleep and junk food until you feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->