Swimming and Eczema

KX

Reaction score
My little chunk Lucy has had it since she was a few weeks old, started on the face but has now left there and is on the body.

We are due to go to Haggesrton Castle in July for a week where I hopefully will take her in the outdoor and indoor pool (just back from haggy 2 weeks ago-didnt take Lucy just Rebecca for a weekend, and me putting a swim suit on was the most traumatising thing ever!it was also traumatic for others to see :rofl:)

Anyway my question is, how does eczema react with chlorine? Will it flare up?

She has oilatum, aqueous, diprobase and hidrocortisone (sp) creams- I use each depending on the severity at the time.

Any help/advice would be appreicated xx

oooo thats not far from me lol

Ebonii has been ok with the swimming pool she has the same face neck and down onto body, she is a little more dry after a swim but after apply her Aveeno cream she is fine again :D

Where in Scotland are you?:baby:

My little chunk Lucy has had it since she was a few weeks old, started on the face but has now left there and is on the body.

We are due to go to Haggesrton Castle in July for a week where I hopefully will take her in the outdoor and indoor pool (just back from haggy 2 weeks ago-didnt take Lucy just Rebecca for a weekend, and me putting a swim suit on was the most traumatising thing ever!it was also traumatic for others to see :rofl:)

Anyway my question is, how does eczema react with chlorine? Will it flare up?

She has oilatum, aqueous, diprobase and hidrocortisone (sp) creams- I use each depending on the severity at the time.

Any help/advice would be appreicated xx

Yes...eczema WILL flare up with chlorine because it dries the skin and it's a chemical. My daughter's skin never responded to oilatum, aqueous and all the lot. And then I found out that all those creams are just mineral oil and paraffin which just put me off even further.

Since I went green last year I've only been using organic creams. I use Aloe & Marigold on my daughter's skin, a cream from a brand called KuK Organics.
Her skin is now clear AND she can swim without it flaring up.

Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->