Switching docs after 2 visits?

tiffanyleigh

Reaction score
I'm not super crazy about the doctor I picked. I thought I wanted a woman, but I think I've changed my mind. My first child was delivered by a male doctor within the same practice as this one and I'm thinking I may want him again.

Is it weird or offensive to switch after I've already seen the woman doc for my initial visit at 8 weeks and my 12 week visit? Especially since who I might switch too is within the same practice?

No it's your choice, I'm sure you only have to go through the reception to change anyway x

Hun, when I was pregnant with DD I had picked a doctor my grandmother went to because she really liked her. I didn't. After only one or two visits... I forget it is such a distant memory... I ended up switching to a midwife. I liked my midwife because I wanted a natural, medication-free birth that my doctor wouldn't let me have. I'm glad I switched and never looked back. My midwife delivered both of my children the way I wanted it to be done. I would say do what feels right for you and don't feel bad about it. They have so many patients anyway...

Thanks for your responses. I called to change to the doc I had for my first child who is in the same practice and they refused. The receptionist said they don't like to "bounce back and forth" once you've already established care or something. At this point I don't want to use them at all because of that. Why can't I choose my own doctor!? So crazy to me. I think I will just call around and find a whole different practice that takes my insurance!

I just switched to a new practice, my old ob doesn't know yet ... I have my first appointment with my new ob on Tuesday the 16th, I feel bad for leaving them but they havr been awful to me, always putting me off, telling me they've over booked their appointments and making me reschedule , even when pregnant with my dd, they also never want to see me for anything, always just say "go to the er" it's frustrating so I've had the last frustration and now I'm moving on!!!!
If you aren't comfortable find someone you like!!!!

I would find a different practice! That's ridiculous

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->