Switching Formula at 4m+

S

Serene123

Caitlyn doesn't have much formula atall. She has 2 6oz bottles and 2 4oz bottles, sometimes less, sometimes more. Anyway, SMA seems to give her dark green quite solid poo, but it's too late to change over, right?

Thats quite a lot of formula to be booby fed as well. My LO has 5 6oz feeds in one day. I think it might upset her stomach if you change to a different brand. My LO was ill for a week when I changed her formula. But thats just my LO, Caitlyn might be fine with another brand.

Is she uncomfortable when she tries to poo?

xx

No not at all
I sometimes had to buy say Cow and Gate when they didn't have SMA

Some babies don't like the change over, but Jack never bothered if he had different milk
I'd just get small ones or the ready made so you haven't wasted loads of money it they disagree with her

Thats quite a lot of formula to be booby fed as well. My LO has 5 6oz feeds in one day. I think it might upset her stomach if you change to a different brand. My LO was ill for a week when I changed her formula. But thats just my LO, Caitlyn might be fine with another brand.

Is she uncomfortable when she tries to poo?

xx

She was having 5 8oz feeds before we cut it down, then went completely boob, now since the 4m growth spurt we're back with some formula. She's a hungry baby and always has been.. :dohh:

Yeah, she does strain and her poor little bum goes red :(

Oh dear poor love. You could always try with a ready made carton as Jo said. That way you don't waste much if it doesn't agree with her :hugs:

Does she have any water, maybe shes thirsty too, and that would help with the solid poo? just a thought x

Its not too late at all hun...a month back i switched formulas...the only disadvantage i had was my LO was constipated for nearly one month!...it was awful, i felt so bad...now everytime he does a normal poo i get all excited...lol...Goodluck hun xx

Toria how about trying Aptamil? I breastfed for 4 weeks and switched to this after and i found her poo's to be pretty much the same as when she was BF. On most other formulas she gets a bit constipated. As it is the closest to breast milk the transition should be easier on her

Next time I buy milk I'm going to get a few cartons of Aptimal. Thanks guys x

Jasmine got changed from cow and gate to aptimal but she had problems with that so they put her back on to cow and gate and shes doing really well now

Tor is there mabey one for gental tummies ? mabey that can help ..max had hard poos too until i switched him over to gental formula

yeh i had summer on sma then swapped to aptimal for the same reason as you but it made her even more sick than she already is so i swapped her back and she just gets offered water all day and that seems to help a little but she has always had hard poos!

Careful about giving just water to a baby. There is a salt/electrolyte balance for infants (prior to say 9 months) that can be upset pretty easily by giving water.

This is why formula needs to be made exact. Too much or too little water with the formula could overwork the kidneys and upset the salt/water/electrolyte balance of the body.

Just FYI...
:hug:

https://www.associatedcontent.com/article/931669/infant_water_intoxication_babies_and.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->