Switching to formula too quickly risking an infection?

optimistic1

Mommy, Daddy, and Nadia!!
Reaction score
I planned on slowly over the course of a few months weaning my daughter off breast and on to bottle so I can return to work but I think she's starting to prefer the bottle. She gets grumpy when breastfeeding and I think she gives up after the first let down and just stops....so I then think she's full and when I lay her down for her nap she loses it because she's still hungry! Im not upset that breastfeeding is over...im beyond done with it and obviously so is she. I am just afraid of quitting too quickly and ending up with an infection. How can I prevent an infection if we switch by the end of the month? I heard of cabbage leaves helping dry up supply is there anything else?

I'm going to get a hormone treatment over 2 weeks when I decide to quit but maybe because I've had problems since day 1 (2 months now).
I'm curious about this as well so stalking.

Drink a bunch of peppermint tea. I love peppermint tea and saw my supply drop after having it one day. I had to give LO a bottle of pumped milk in the evening, because of peppermint tea! Really though, it's known to lower supply. There are a few different galactophyga (herbs that lower milk supply). Sage apparently does as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->