Syringe or soft disc- which method is more effective?

jojo89

Reaction score
Hi all,
my husband and I have been trying to conceive for approx 3/4 months, using home insemination for personal reasons.
We originally tried with a syringe - could not get hold of the mosie baby one (we don't live in the us) so just bought a few small ones off amazon. We found using them a bit messy - there would also be a little sperm left out from the cup, no matter how precise we tried to be - this makes me nervous as my husband has MFI so every little bit of semen counts! In addition to that the syringe was always full of air bubbles and again we were never able to get rid of all of them.
We decided thus to switch to the soft disc method (i understand they are also known as soft cups/instead cups/flex discs) etc. He ejaculates directly into it and then I slide it in straight after. We have now tried this way for 2 cycles using timed intercourse but still BFN.
I am relatively confident that I typically insert the soft disc correctly because I can never feel it once inside. I have tried using it on my period and I didn't have any leakage. However now I remain nervous that maybe I am doing something wrong. Also I have a retroverted uterus so I also wonder whether maybe the cup may not be working well because of that (?? probably makes no sense)

For those who know more about this subject - what is more effective, syringe or soft disc? I would love to know from people who used to the soft disc and got pregnant. Any advice would be appreciated :D

Hi, not totally the same but - we had been trying since oct 2020. Had two chemicals in Dec and January. I decided to use the soft disc in my march cycle, but OH would ejaculate in me and then before I got up I would but the soft disc in. The first month of trying this we got our bfp and I am now 5w4d pregnant.
Not sure if it's coincidence or if the disc actually did make all the difference.

I have no dir experiences, but IUI has low success rates, and in case of male factor it might not work. So, the technique might not be the issue at all in your case.

I agree if male factor IUI most likely will not help. I am old but suspect my husband's morph based off tests isnt that great but should work from what doca say. But we havent conceived going on since 2016 when we started.

IVF is our next stop. We have tried IUI several times.

I prefer the cup method or over syringe. This works best if you do not have a prolaspsed uterus like me after child birth and being overweight for so many years.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->