Taking a newborn out?

BecksBabyB

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first baby and I was just wondering if there is a recommended timescale before taking baby out into the world? I'm due on 29th May and have booked to go on a family day on Fathers Day (16th June). Obviously if I am significantly late having baby we won't go, but in your opinions is this too soon?
Bx

Pretty much when you feel ready to take them out. There isn't really a time scale like there was years back.

Unless LO is premature or has immune system issues you can take them out as soon as you're ready :). We took DS out from the 1st day home (he was a day old), it felt good to get some fresh air and walk around :).

I think it will be fine. It's a bit daunting taking them out at first but it soon becomes easy. The only issue I had was that I didn't want to breast feed in public so it limited when I when I went out and I ended up feeding in the car etc. Hoping I will feel more confident thus time. Good luck x

Its only up to when YOU feel ready. My first, I was shy about breastfeeding, so waited a week or two, the second I had out the day I go home. Go with what feels comfortable for you.

I live in a block of flats above a shopping centre and we went out the day after I got home from the hospital.

It was Mother's Day when Elizabeth was 8 days old and we went to a pub for lunch with the family. She slept most of the time until her nappy needed changing and it was time for food!

No timescale at all, just when you feel ready!! When I had my daughter in February 6th 2012 I was home on the 7th at 6pm and walked to my parents house which is 15 minutes away and got to their house for 6:30pm so I was out and about straight away lol!! I did hold the pram sooooo tight incase someone stole her which I must add I dont do now...they would bring her back :haha:

I'm a big baby too the healingg after baby so u wont catch me doing anything for a week or so but my girls were born in winter. This time we are planing a trip from n idaho to California a mo after he's born but that will be nice weather n just to family

Yes, take them out when you feel ready. I remember taking my baby out in the pram within a few days and wanting everyone to stay a safe distance away from her- you feel so protective of them - they are so small!

i brought both my girls out a few days after birth, left them in their carseats, wrapped in their blankies, and didnt let any random people touch them- neither of them got sick until after 6 months old

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->