Taking baby out

indianorchi

Reaction score
Joshua was born on the 23rd, he was overdue by 11 days and weighed 7lbs 10oz. He's perfectly healthy and I very happy baby.
I've been looking all over the net and can't seem to find any guidelines on when it's ok to take him out. People in the UK, you know what the weather's like at the moment so I don't want to take him out and risk him getting ill. Also how many layers should he wear when he does go out in December/January?

I always did one extra layer, people seem to think babies get cold easier which isn't really true, if you put too much they will overheat, I would just add a long sleeved onesie under a regular outfit, like something would would be wearing, long sleeves, pants and jacket or whatever that might be. I would be sure to keep socks on him and a hat too. I don't know if it's the same there but here it's cold and flu season so I would be careful with people handling him without washing their hands and bringing him to really crowded places if it's not neccessary

Take him out as soon as you feel ready. Fresh air will do you both good!

I took ds out shoppin when he was a day old, nd to softplay when he was 2 days old. We have been out pretty much everyday since.

If I am going out for a walk and not into shops, I put a snowsuit on him. If I am going into shops I just put a coat on him and lots of blankets, becasue then you can take some blankets off when in the shops.

Oh and I usually put a little woolly hat and mittens on him too.

Enjoy your new baby, congrats xxx

i waited 6days before takin katie out. but i would be cautious atm with the cold and him bein so little. she normally has a jacket hat and gloves and a load of blankets for going out. we dont put her in a snowsuit cos the 0-3m ones are tiny, bu 3-6m are huge!!

I do the same as Miss Duke. If you're mainly going into shops you don't want to have them in a big snowsuit thing! I usually put more blankets on Alasdair than I expect to need to then I just remove them. He won't keep mittens on but I always put a hat on him :)

Thanks for all the advice. Going to pick up the photographs today and will be taking him with me :D

Good luck! It feels amazing to have them out for the first time :D

Congratulations. My midwife gave Jen the all clear when she was about 3 days old. She was just concerned about me goin out cos i had lost a lot of blood and bad bruising and stitches etc...but after about a week i wanted to go out...i was goin stir crazy. PLUS now Jen is 5 months and its freezing i'm too paranoid. Yesterday we went out and i put on a big wooly jacket for her and her hat. Then a blanket..she slept for most of it and when we came home her hand was freezing but she was fast asleep. i felt really bad but she wasn't bothered!!

I took Aidan out when he was a day old hun and i just put a coat over his normal clothes, then hat, mittens and a nice thick blanket. I think it really depends on how confident you fell hunni and when you think he is ready
:hugs:
xx

Good luck! It feels amazing to have them out for the first time :D

It is :cloud9:

I took Lola out for the first time when she was 2 days old,but that was September.I think it's fine to just put an extra layer since he's too little for a snow suit.

I first took Leo out to the shops when he was 6 days old. I just put a coat, hat and mits on him. wrap him in a shawl and then a blanket over him. the midwives are more concerned about you really. thats what they said to me. because if you do too much you could lose more blood etc.. but ive been out quite a few times and its fine

Enjoy!

xxx

I went out when she was 2 days old. I only went to Tesco about 15 minutes walk but it got us out. I really wrapped her up, I put her a thick pramsuit on, thick knitted hat & mitts, and 2 fleece blankets. I had them folded too so they counted as 4. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->