• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Taking clomid early

kerry louise

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

so im 12 dpo today iv taken countless pregnancy tests, every single one negative even the most sensitive ones not even a slight line.
so iv decided to take clomid 2 days early, i have to take them without periods as instructed by my doctor as i have pocs and had only 1 period in 18 months
Iv started 100mg dose today so crossing my fingers for a bfp at the end of this cycle.

please dont judge me and be mean to me.
iv been ttc for 18 months now & im at the end of my tether il try anything!

I have never heard of taking clomid with out having a period.... Has your dr not given you anything to force ur body to have a cycle?? I hadn't had one for almost 2 yrs & when he did the ultrasound, he said that my lining was very thick. He put me on provera & when I had a period it was super heavy. dr told me that was expected because it had been so long & that our bodies need to expell all that extra blood..

No, i wasn't offered anything to induce a period, but i have researched and a lot of women have taken it without a period first. I don't know if it makes a difference to induce a period or not i just know he didn't even suggest anything at all to involve periods

Kerry, you should induce a period, to be sure your lining is enough.....no sence in ovulateing if it cant sustain a pregnancy.

Have you tried Vitex Berry??? Look it up, its also called Chaste Berry, its amazing for PCOS and I am on it too...I have PCOS and I have been TTC for ten years.

Look up some herbs, they can do wonders.

Also, cut out surgar and carbs and they make PCOS worse....and try and drop at least 10 pounds. It really helped me.

https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/vitex.html

Try and drop at least 10lbs. im 4ft11 and 7 stone 11 perfetly normal healthy weight for my height. To loose weight would be a stupid mistake to make. i used those herbs befor and it didnt work for me. the gp give me clomid without inducing a period im sure he would not give it to me if it wasnt safe to take it that way. Thank you for your advice none the less xx

i wanted to ask exactly this. i just got clomid 50mg today. i have pcos and according to the doc it was either "get pregnant now or get on the pill for a long long time".
i had a hysteroscopy done cos i had a mass in my uterus, turned out to be nothing, but however in order not to make it bigger or get new ones i had to be on the pill.

anyway, my point was that i asked him if i could be on the pill for a couple of months as my last period was in august and i am supposed to take clomid during my period.
he did not go for that option, i have to wait to get a period naturally.
so i understand your impatience and frustration.
do you have more information about it?

going for vitex (agnus castus) and sepia c1000. hopefully it will move things around.

I can only tell you what my doctor told me,
he gave me clomid told me the first tablet would make me cd1 take 1 a day for 5 days every 28days. although i probably wouldn't take it every 28 days because the first round of clomid i did exactly what i was told took it 28 days after my last one. This cycle i took clomid again 1 a day for 5 days and didn't ovulate until cd26 im 7dpo now and waiting untill next week to test. Im unsure if ovulating and not falling pregnant will bring on a period or not. I wouldn't go off the advice off people online though your doctor must know what hes talking about, but iv heard other ladies seying their doctor gave them somthing to induce a period? sorry to not be much help xx

Hi! i dont really have any advice, but i just wanted to say i am on my second round of clomid, just finished my last pill yesterday. I actually asked my doctor about the vitex/chasteberry and she said do NOT combine that with clomid, just a heads up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->