• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Taking formula on a flight

Emmab87

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Me and my son will be traveling from Australia to Scotland soon and I'm unsure what to do about feeding on the plane. He is 13 weeks just now and only on formula. Are all the airlines the same? Can I make up bottles to take on? The first flight is 11 hours then a 2 hour stop then another 8 hours ( couldn't have chosen a longer flight!!) has anyone had experience of formula feeding whilst traveling?

Thanks in advance :thumbup: xx

hey hun you would be best checking with the airline. my sister had to take an empty sterile bottle and a sealed bottle/carton of pre-made milk. some let you take a pre made bottle if you taste it in front of them. xx

We took some sterile bottles and then some ready made formula bottles. The airline should let you take an "appropriate amount for the flight" - so however much the baby would normally eat in that timeframe. You can also buy disposable sterile bottles if that's something you would like.

Check with the airports, not the airlines, they are the ones making the call. Once you get through security the airline doesn't care. I have flown out of Canada, the US, Spain, the UK and Ireland with bottles of water and formula no problem. In my experience baby food of all kinds is exempt from liquid rules. We brought 6 bottles with water and 3 ready made cartons once and no one blinked. I was worried about being stuck in bad weather so had enough baby formula and food for 2 days that time!

I've flown from Southampton, Hannover and Frankfurt all with bottles I've made in advance. Only when leaving from Southampton I had to taste the milk. You just got to declare it when you go through security - some might make you taste it, some not - just depends on the airport. They'll be able to heat it for you on the plane as well. It's a lot easier than it seems to be :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->