Taking LO out for the whole day...what do i need?!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
As weird as this may sound since my LO has been born we have never taken him out for the whole day...Tommorow thats exactly what we are doing...we are going on a full shopping spree to...(not looking foward to pushing a pram in the christmas rush!) What do i need? Im trying to think in my head but i dont have a clue...

i dont have anywhere to store the formula...what do i do? Also am i better getting jars that don't need warming? xx

could you sterilise an old washed up jar for forumla sweetie? we normally use stackable things from mothercare, or the avent dispenser.
maddi's not weaned yet but i would probably use a jar :)

we do quite a bit of long shopping days heres what i normally take (bear in mind u might not use what we do but it may help :))

- 2 muslins squares
- bib
- 2 vests
- change of clothes
- socks
- jumper/coat
- blanket
- sterilised boiled water bottles
- formula
- fisherprice flask of boiled water - for heating bottles
- dummies - plus fresh sterilised dummies and clips to go with them

enjoy your day x

I take two nappy bags so I can have one on the pram and a spare in the car, so as not to have to carry it all about.

Usual nappy bag contents include change mat, nappies, cotton wool, changes of clothes. I have scoops of milk powder measured out into a separate container so I take this and a bottle sterilised and measured out with boiled water. If you don't like making up bottles in advance take cartons (or go to boots first and buy them if you have none at home.)

Some cafes give free baby food when you buy adult meals. I have noticed this is my local Bhs cafe, there are probably others. Or there are bottle warmers in Mothercre and marks& Spencer- can you heat your food in these?

good luck shopping!
it'll be fine!

I take my bottles with boiled water in them, Addison likes her formula room temp. So all Ihave to do is add the powder. Its very handy. Ummm, with the jarred baby food, Im not usre, Im not there yet.

For other things. Take a change of clothes. Couple receiving blankets, 4 diapers and wipes. A couple soothers and blankets depending on the weather.

I would take a flask of boiled water to warm food/bottles. Bibs. Muslins. Nappy changing stuff. Change of clothes.

im also going out tomoz getting my hair done where i work at 5pm as its open late night and daves meeting me there as he works in house of fraser too and is gonna have him whilst im getting it done, theres so much to pack isnt there i think im gonna do some shopping too before im taking

nappies
wipes
bibs
spare clothes
spare dummy
toy
jar of food
spoon
bottle (dave will get the water for bottle when were out)
formula
beaker with juice

and i think thats it, have a nice day hun xxx

For bottles I use a powder dispenser they're quite cheap in Tescos and I would just use a jar I'm lucky Jess takes it room temp. In our Debenhams had food/bottle warming facilities so maybe if you have one at your shops you could try there?
Then I usually take :
nappies,
bum cream,
nappy bags,
wipes,
sachets of Calpol,
a babygro (instead of a change of clothes for space saving in the bag lol),
a TON of clean bibs,
hat and mittens

then I plonk my phone, purse and oyster card in.
Sometimes I put a carrier bag under the buggy with extras in and a spare blanket.
I never actually use the extras but I feel better taking them lol! Hope you have a nice day shopping
xXx

Everyone has already mentioned what I can take.

Don't stress about it! If you forget something, you are at the shops so its not the end of the world. We have forgotten his dummy before and just quickly popped in and bought a new one. Its actually fun as they are kept occupied with all the interesting things to look at.

The formula dispensers are the best. You can measure the correct quantities before you leave so you can then just dump it in. I think a jar of food is the easiest. If you need it warmed, stop somewhere for a cup of coffee and just ask them for a bowl / jug of hot water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->