Taking the mini pill late, weird nipple symptoms. Preg?

TwistyTower

Reaction score
Hi, I've been with my BF for 3 months and we are using the Noriday mini pill. As with most mini pills it has a short window of time that you need to take it in each day (any more than 3 hours late and you're not protected I think). I've read that noriday does not prevent ovulation in all women, as instead it mainly works by thickening the cervical mucus. I've still been getting the tell take chin spot each month so I think I'm still ovulating but can't be sure.

We are just back from holiday, unfortunately I screwed up the timings. We were 3 hours ahead but I thought we were 3 hours behind the uk, which resulted in me taking it 6 hours late. This coincided with a chin spot so I think it has lined up with OV quite spectacularly. We had a lot of sex with him coming inside me about 3 times a day.

My BF made a throw away remark about the time difference the other day, about how it'll only be dinner time back home, and suddenly the penny dropped and I had got my timings mixed up. I told him as soon as I realised and he is very supportive, said we will cope what ever happens, we will be able to manage and that he will be there. Couldn't ask for a better BF to be honest - he is wonderful.

I think I'm now 6 DPO. For the last 36 hours I've has sore nipples (not the boobs just the nipples). They are gradually getting more and more sensitive. In the last 15 hours or so I've noticed blue veins on my boobs and they run through my Aerolas (sp?). In the last 12 hours or so I've noticed my Aerolas are darker, and they are puffy when my nipples are soft, but my nipples are getting hard v easily (unusual for me) and also when they are hard they stick out more than usual.

Just done a test but it was BFN of course, far too early!

Anyone else had these nipple symptoms and NOT been preg? Anyone else taken noriday late around OV and still found is successful?

I feel the symptoms are very strong preg symptoms but not sure if my head is playing tricks on me?!

Painful nipples are normal for me just after ovulation, I think it's progesterone that does it. It can also cause full, sore breasts etc.

6DPO would be very, very early for symptoms anyway. The egg typically implants between 6-12DPO, then it takes a few days for HCG to enter the bloodstream in an amount to cause true symptoms.

Good luck either way, but it sounds more like regular pre-mentrual symptoms going by your DPO, though I could be very wrong!

Thanks :) I hope you're right. I just needed some reassurance and don't want to talk to my friends about it as I'm so unsure at the moment.

Only thing is I'm not exactly sure when I ovulated. I think I got my usual chin spot on Monday (can't really remember exactly bit I think it was Monday) so that's all I've got to base it on - lol - perhaps not very reliable!

Will wait and retest every few days until AF.

I took a FRER last night and got this incomplete line show up after about half an hour. Is this a normal evap line? Off to get another one from the shop to try this morning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 14
I haven't seen that before... But I do have 3 friends who have conceived while on the mini pill!

Good luck, I hope things turn out however you want them to. X

That's odd, but I wouldn't consider it to be a BFP. Maybe take another test in a couple of days to be certain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->