Taking toddler swimming- what do you put them in?

EMYJC

Two boys and unexpected BFP!
Reaction score
Just wondering as Lucas has an all in one swimsuit but do I need to invest in one of those bodywraps or floatation suits by certain manufacturers? Just scared of him getting too cold in the swimming pool. He was fine in the water on holiday and cried more getting him out than taking him out so he does seem pretty confident in the water.

As long as you are in the pool with him and are mindful of the temperature, I think he'll be ok without all that stuff. My theory is that if it's warm enough for you, then it probably is for him too, and if you think it's too cold, then the same goes! He would probably hate the extra stuff weighing him down anyway. (I use the term "weighing him down" figuratively!) I started taking my son in the pool with me at 2 months, and never put anything extra on him; I just made sure to test the water first!

WSS ^^^

I put Earl in a swim nappy (usually put trunks over them as they are not very attractive lol) and his armbands. Indoor pools are normally heated, and outdoor pools if it's warm outside then the water will be nice to cool off. Then again we took Earl in the sea last year off Frinton in the same getup and he was fine. :wacko: I on the other hand was freezing! lol

I agree with the above. Ihsan usually just wears a swim nappy and his swim shorts at the warmer pool we go to, but his wetsuit at the pool that does the swim class as thats a little cooler.

i take my son swimming every week. At first he had a swim top and shorts, but seemed to be cold alot, he seems to be much happier in a swim nappy and shorts

when I take caleb swimming he wears a all in one suit x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->