Talk about stressed!

Terri1985

Reaction score
I went for another scan yesterday (2nd early scan this pregnancy) and the woman scanning me was so negative. She looked at the screen and said "so have your pains got worse? Any bleeding? As it doesnt look very good I'm afraid. The sac hasn't got much bigger". (first scan was 4days before!)
I replied I havent had a pains or bleeding.
Her reply to that "So why are you here?"
"To put my mind at ease as I have suffered a lot of miscarriages!"

So I left the scan thinking the worst.

I had my blood taken four days before this and my hormones were only at 400, which also made me think I was doomed to have another miscarriage.

I had my blood taken again yesterday too and the midwife phoned me yesterday afternoon with the results. . .
She said "the scan pictures looked very good, we only saw a pin prick sized sac last time but this time its about 4mm and very visable and you hormones have gone from 400 right up to 3146 which is brilliant"

I was expecting hormones of around 1600 (doubling every 2days lol) providing things went well, but this was great news to me, but I was so annoyed about what the woman scanning me had said! I was begining to think I would have been alot less stressed if they didnt give me early scans to put my mind at rest, as that stupid woman really worried me!

Have another scan next week, I hope it wont be as stressful as this one!

You havnt half been through the emtions! Glad about your good news x

congratulations on the fantastic results! .. I'm having my 2nd early scan tomorrow, and totally agree that it is more stressfull being monitored! luckily my sonographer was lovely last time - but strangely it made me worry that she was being too nice and hiding something! Lol!

I do find that hospital staff are either really nice or clearly in the wrong job!!

good luck with your sticky bean :hug:

Hi - I realy don't know how much that woman expected your sac to have grown in four days anyway, what was she expecting a full sized baby?????

I know what you mean, I have been to two different hospitals to have early scans, one was great, one not so much!!

Anyway, it's good news for you, fingers crossed!

Good Luck Amy xx

Thank you ladies :hugs: At my first scan the lady there was really nice and bubbly, she really made me feel at ease and that was great, if I had he at the second scan it probably would have been fine but it was this older woman who maybe was just used to dealing with people having miscarriages and liked to give that news out or something! I do wonder about some of these people in this profession, but luckily not everyone is like that and maybe I will have the nice lady again next week :D

Good luck at your scans and hope its all good news! :hug:

so glad things are looking up for you just now...and what a cow that woman was! :hugs:

thought i would pop along and see how you were.....

and wow...some people can be really insensitive without even knowing it..

am really pleased to hear of your news though!

i had my fist scan this morning......blarted my eyes out when i saw the heartbeat!

take care hun.....:hugs:

Thats great buffycat! I am so happy for you :happydance: I am hoping for a good scan on wednesday morning next week, I should, I hope, be able to see baby and heartbeat then as long as everything goes ok :D
:hug:

ugh I'm disgusted...
I think ppl like that forget how emotional it is for women to be pregnant...and how much we want, care, and are happy about our babies...
These ppl should be trained to be more sensitive.

Thanks girls! I know prettybonk, I hate the fact that they dont seem to care how they make us worry, atleast the midwife put my mind at rest when she phoned me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->