Talk to me about potty training

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
Please? I have no idea about it at all!
What age do we start? How do we start!?
Are there signs to look out for?

Rio is only 17 months old and I don't think he's anywhere near ready but should I introduce a potty to make it familiar?
I briefly spoke to sil yesterday who told me my niece (same age as Rio) has a potty and often goes to sit on it during nappy off time and pretends to wee. I hadn't even thought about potty training!

So where do I start, any advice and info will be appreciated!! X

Potty training no 2 and 3 was much much easier than my no 1, I'm sure that's because we just had the potty around for a good few months, occasionally they would do something on it, sometimes not! When my DD2 was 2 and 2months she declared we wasn't wearing nappies and has only ever had a handful of accidents, DS a couple of weeks ago decided nappies weren't for him!! He's taken longer than DD2 but he's doing fab!

We just took the relaxed approach and lots of praise if they actually got something in the potty!! Both though went through phases of hating it/refusing to sit on it, I just left them to it, didn't force anything. Good luck xx

We introduced a potty at that age and let DD sit on it but she didn't full on potty train until she was about 33 months. We attempted to start at 29 months but she wore Pampers Easy Ups for all those months and peed on the potty once a day or so. Once she could tell me after she pooped and occasionally was going on the potty we had great success with naked potty training and she was fully trained within a month with an occasional accident.

we got a potty around 18months. she follows us to the bathroom and sits on it and I give her a square of TP

usually don't bother to take off her diaper, sometimes I do if im going to change her anyway. its just there to get her used to the idea right now (21 months)

I was advised by MIL when we want to start actively training to take off her diaper in the morning and put her on and read her a book or two, do the same at other key times when she pees like after a bath, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->